Why do I keep falling asleep???

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
wiccachic

Why do I keep falling asleep???

Post by wiccachic »

Hello,
So I am either really good at meditating or really awful. Everytime that I meditate and get to that very relaxed fuzzy feeling I fall asleep. I dont remember falling asleep, its just that I wake up and realize that I was supposed to be meditating. I wake up very refreshed and relaxed. Does this happen to anyone else?
ravenhecateana

Re: Why do I keep falling asleep???

Post by ravenhecateana »

It happens to a lot of people. Meditating, while it sounds like it should be easy to do, is actually pretty hard to master. I myself have either trouble clearing my mind of anything else, or falling asleep. I took a class on meditation from a woman many years ago, who also taught esp and divination classes at a local high school adult education program. She told us not to be upset if we find ourselves falling asleep when we meditate. It's your body's way of telling you you aren't getting enough sleep. Keep at it and evetually you will get there.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

your brain waves are getting where they need to be but your losing control of your minds focus. You have to try to achieve that relaxtion but still manage to hold onto your mental faculties. It can be a very slow process of mastery but it will happen for you. You are already doing better than most by being able to get so relaxed. Most have trouble keeping their mind still.
wiccachic

Post by wiccachic »

Thank you, I talked to my husband and he suggested that I sit up instead of lay down.
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

There are many forms of meditation and if you are having trouble staying conscious whilst in a stationary position maybe you could try a different form of meditation.

For example there is walking meditation (Buddhist or Taoist forms) or a technology assisted form (a guided meditation recorded in digital format, either video or audio) or a chanting form (eg mantra) or even a yoga or tai chi class ~ the ultimate goal of yoga and tai chi is to still the mind by accessing meditative space through the physical state if that makes any sense. :)

Good luck and brightest blessings.
No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Try picking a time your most awake and sit up. I can't lay down and meditate either. Right to sleep. I do use a chair to support my back though.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”