Working with Trance

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Tylluan

Working with Trance

Post by Tylluan »

Does anyone here work in a Trance state? What benefits do you find it gives you?

I recently worked in a trance when it was the full moon. It was one of those instinct moments. I was chanting, slowly over and over feeling energy in every cell of my body, it was building and building like a real power house of emotion and energy. I went into a heavy trance state continuing to chant. I had alot of other people's emotion that had built up inside and I wanted a purge of my emotion and energy so I used the trance and the chant as a way of burning that energy out of me.

I slept really well afterwards and was literally buzzing for days afterwards.

I wondered if anyone else goes into Trance and what you use it for?

x
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
MoonlitOrchid

Re: Working with Trance

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

I've gone into trance once so far. I just laid under the moon and asked the Goddess to show me what I needed to see. Shortly I had a vision. The last time I was scrying I felt like I went into a trance state. I talked with someone about the vision and was told it was actually a visitation. I've never tried chanting. I'm pretty new to the path and I'm looking forward to more experiences.
Victoria Mnemosyne

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

I've used trance a couple different times, most recently I just sat still and stared at a blank wall (a LOT harder than it sounds, trust me) trying not to think of anything in particular.

I received a premonition about my life, and literally had a flash of me being the mother of a teenage daughter and taking her around NYC. Not particularly useful, but still cool :)
RoseRidingHood

Post by RoseRidingHood »

Not specifically a trance, but hypnosis: a friend of mine used it on me to talk with some of my spirit guides as well as my spirit self, VERY illuminating! I still have the conversations written down.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Old topic, but why start another one?

I use trance for spirit communication, invocation for trance-speaking...in normal language I "bring through" other personalities to speak. Usually, I work with 2 different "teachers." through this method I served as the mouth piece for lessons on meditation, mental programming of desired events and what witchs call spells, but with only thought, will and belief.

I also use trance to commune-with-the-Moon at full moon, sort of like crystal gazing at the Moon. I just stare at the moon, deep breath, and soak in the light. This is one method of Drawing Down the Moon. At these times I mentally veg-out. Physical sensations vary and I don't pay attention to them. I only sense the Moon.

I use trance states to travel out-of-body, to meditate and seek guidance on specific issues and questions I might have, and to induce dreams by suggestion. It's all just mindfulness, putting the mind into what is desired.

Trance is always preceded by centering. That's the stepping-off point into the holding pattern of trance. Within center I can go any place or time. I'm an arm chair psychic.
Anou

Post by Anou »

I've gone into trance long time ago. I just laid under the moon and asked the Goddess to show me what I needed to see. Shortly I had a vision.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thats pretty cool Anou.
Personally I find trance to be somewhat exhausting, but rewarding.
By the way, please swing by the intro section and let us know a little bit about yourself. :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

I use my drum to go into a trance or if I'm meditating with out it I ask mother earth to show me what I need to do
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Anou

Post by Anou »

i the beginning , it was very strange cause i couldn't understand and then i met 1 woman from Africa she helped me to with that
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I use trance a lot, to me its kinda like totally trusting your intuition to the point you can confortably "let go of the reins" and "switch it on". It also, being a secondary state allows and respects life little boundaries - it is a boundery - walking around lost in a reverie is obviously not appropriate in most curcumstances - my whole life I have been trying to straddle two states.

As a kid my Granfather was dying from a long protracted illness, we would visit him every weekend - the late night car ride back was in silence, a long journey of white headlights illuminating tunnels of trees. I recognise that unconsciously, from an early age, my mind was being conditioned for trance and indeed "hedge-work" ...

I no longer use guided trances and meditations beyond an occasional initiator or petition. I then step back and let things take me where they take me. Hedge-work is slightly different - I use "the map".
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@Corbin - when you refer to using "the map", do you mean what are often called ley lines? Or do you mean something else?
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

(Apologies for the delay in replying, your post slipped me by) ...

- No not ley lines. The significant and ... "rich/vivid" ... places you have visited in spirit / trance, dream or hedgework are like nexus points, crossroads or signposts on a spiritual map - you got there once and you can come to realise that you can return to them again ... in my above example re: my tunnel experience, through revisiting that experience (not a memory but within its spirit; it had happened, it is happening, it will happen) I can return to it; that altered state. They are part of your blossoming psycho-spiritual landscape. Through hedgework you are drawing your spiritual "map"; finding the gaps in the hedge.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

chanting does help with trances
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Anything repetitive and rhythmic will assist. I once tranced while on a playground swing, in an easy back and forth, no strain rhythm. I suddenly came out of it up side down & suspended vertically above the swing set frame, at the ultimate crest of the up-swing. Oye! During the swings I had been mentally reviewing the speeches of St Francis of Asissi to the animals and birds. I had been oblivious to everything else. Oopsie. A rocking chair would have the same effect.

And thanks Corbin. Much appreciated clarification.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

i go into trance by listening to like the sounds of nature

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”