Ego

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Dragony

Ego

Post by Dragony »

well, i do have a primary concern about myself that always seems to taunt me every now and again i think i have figured out the issue and how to balance it out though. I had a past life where i had a really bad ego i thought i was king shit of turd mountain back in those days lol my teacher always warned me about having an ego like that again but for awhile it seemed like my life wasnt going the way wished it would i never really had an ego unless i was extremley angered any other time i am the least bit from self centered but now in this life i have decided to insert my ego a little bit more and voicing my opinion alot more and now that i have done and played with it a little bit everything my life did an 180 i started getting a bit more respect at work and from my freinds and family i guess my question is this right? because this situation sounds totally backwards to me does anyone have any advice to maybe help clarify things for me?
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I don't get your question ^^

But I just wanted to see, however bad and evil you were in your past life, you need to accept and probably even embrace this part of yourself. Because this was you, too. For qhatever reason you were this way and you have to take responsibility and reintegrate this part in yourself. It seems like this is happening now.
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

see exactly... i dont get it either i was not evil i was there to help my ego is what got the best of me in that life i actually dont have a seeing ability everything i do is out of shear instinct my ego is helping like never before but its like its to good to be true im glad i can controll it quite well i guess im not use to things going my way a lot which is what is happing now but thanks for the help
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm having a hard time following your posts. Without proper punctuation it reads as one block of text with a crapload of run-on sentences. I wind up just skipping through it with no idea what you've said. :shock:
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Dragony, I meant I didn't get your question, since you wrote not reader friendly. I just reacted to some buzz words. But if this helped you, your welcome.
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

well juniper i dont know what to say for your problem with me except sometimes i can excited on herbal if you catch my drift but i assure you that post is legit so let me try to explain this again for everybody

In that life i was a good person who really did try to help others a lot but my downfall was impatience and an ego. lately my life now was not going the way I wanted I was worried about a the damage being self centered can really do to you obviusly this lesson followed me harshly into this life. I was starting to get frustrated and not understanding why life wasnt clicking for me so I felt it necessary to take my ego and start showing it more often. For some strange reason getting more respect from everyone and everything all around. so i guess what i am trying say is this right? like i was preached hardcore about it from my teacher and he never really clarified it for me, I guess this is maybe what i needed to learn from it so I wrote this post for other spirituals to maybe help me on this one maybe they have had the same experience.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

So you mean in your past life, you were some nice guy who pushed through is own will (perhaps also in the will of others who can't do this for themselves). I really see no downfall there. But maybe you thought you should be more humble after this. You counterreacted. You were one extreme, fell into the other one, you need balance ;)

Also I don't really understand your use of "ego". Everyone has an ego, there is nothing wrong with this. I guess you should be more specific what this means to you.
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

yes true everyone has one but i got punished for mine for some reason sand was my element then sand is a lot of control i guess maybe i need to study this past life a bit more maybe i didnt know it as well i thought i did well you were right about being humble thank you traum balance is key
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I still see no need for punishment. Why excactly should you've been punished? And how does this punishment look like?
MissCharmed7

Post by MissCharmed7 »

the ego energy have been around for such a long time and it always wants to claim something or brand something..be careful dont let that ego make you go through all these crazy emotions , sometimes it could even tell your the most powerful thing .. just be aware it and thats how you can overcome it by trying to balance it..
Dragony

Post by Dragony »

Thank you misscharmed. i was punished by death traum maybe i needed that life so i could have it for the future did some hardcore meditation today figured out some stuff thanks for the advice i think i have corrected this i need to play with water magic a bit but i got it.
MissCharmed7

Post by MissCharmed7 »

Dragony wrote:Thank you misscharmed. i was punished by death traum maybe i needed that life so i could have it for the future did some hardcore meditation today figured out some stuff thanks for the advice i think i have corrected this i need to play with water magic a bit but i got it.

your are welcome .. we all go through it .. the lessons of it is what counts .. just dont let it effect u too much

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”