Yoga

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Kat

Yoga

Post by Kat »

i just started practcing yoga, I do it at home and at classes when i have the time. It feels really good! I've been combining it with the meditations that I've been doing. I feel alot calmer. Anyone else do yoga?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hi there
I also love yoga,been doing it about a year now, though I only have time to do 20 mins a day at home. But, yeah, I LOVE it! :D
Kat

yoga

Post by Kat »

yeah, it's awesome! I find myself rushing to get home so I can do it, lol
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I use to do yoga in the mornings but it has gotten very hard when my belly is too big I can't see my feet. I have been looking into yoga moves that I can do with my baby once she is here. Yoga can be very calming.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I'd love to get into that, but isn't flexibility an important element to yoga? I can't even touch my toes, (have a bad back), so would it be something I could successfully do? Thanks for the info. :28:
Kat

Post by Kat »

MoonStone wrote:I'd love to get into that, but isn't flexibility an important element to yoga? I can't even touch my toes, (have a bad back), so would it be something I could successfully do? Thanks for the info. :28:
It is, but there's alot of beginner programs that start you out nice and easy. The classes I go to are Level 1 (beginner) and they're very understanding about your flexibility factor. THe excercises they have you can modify to your own body, I've had to bend my knees in certain stretches and my teacher said it's very common when you're starting out. She's always there too if we have a question or need help with a certain pose. I have a bad back too so if there's a certain excercise I can't do, i don't force it and try again when I'm comfortable. Same with the tapes I use at home. That's what I like about it, it's not like a regular work out, it's very relaxing. Put on some calming music and I'm good to go!
poetry_princess

Post by poetry_princess »

im a yoga addict. seriously, its like a drug. im so dramatic and crazy that i kinda need it to balance me out.

my instructor actually teaches a yoga class designed by yoga...anyone can do it, all ages...all fitness levels. you just have to find a version and modifications that work for you
Blessed BE all the Children of Gaia

There Exist only 3 beings in the world worthy of regognition: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks for the info, Kat. I'll have to look into it. :)
Kat

Post by Kat »

poetryprincess wrote:im a yoga addict. seriously, its like a drug. im so dramatic and crazy that i kinda need it to balance me out.

my instructor actually teaches a yoga class designed by yoga...anyone can do it, all ages...all fitness levels. you just have to find a version and modifications that work for you

I'm a Yoga addict too, I need to do it every day or I feel out of whack.
Kat

Post by Kat »

MoonStone wrote:Thanks for the info, Kat. I'll have to look into it. :)
If you're into Lorenna Mckennitt at all, she's very nice to listen to while doing yoga too

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”