13 Most Useful Items & How You Use Them

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

13 Most Useful Items & How You Use Them

Post by SpiritTalker »

What are your 13 most useful items and on the other hand, what did you find was useless when you’d tried it?

Give us an idea of how you personally use things helpful to your daily practice, to your Craft or ritual; not so much what variety your use but how. Share if you have a favorite herb, oil or stone :D and help new witches and one another

Here’s my MOST USEFUL list just to start
1. White, all-purpose tea light candles in a votive holder for daily offerings on my Lady’s Shrine
2. Incense-coated matches in assorted scents, lights a candle & provides incense
3. Coffee - for offerings & fog-buster
4. DIY prayer beads - a 13-moon-bead bracelet for shorter chants & 108-bead mala
5. Shungite stones for moon water purification & blessing, for ELF-EMF protection & small quartz crystal skull for energy work and honoring ancestors
6. Mandala coloring books & glitter gel ink pens to color-a-spell
7. Cauldron - multi tasks in all elements, holds water for gazing, safe place for long burning candles, burns spell papers, brews concoctions, bakes bread, holds the whole spell
8. Oils - balsam & olive for anointing to hold a psychic charge plus mint, rose, cinnamon, thyme
9. Herbs - mint, rose, cinnamon, thyme - purify, prosperity, protection
10. Salt does what you tell it to do
11. Holy water for purifying, blessing, protection
12. Storage box so the cats don’t run off with the goods😸
13. Craft tweezers, multi tasking tool for handling hot stuff

And the USELESS
1. Stick Incense catcher - a plain oil’ bowl of sand spills less
2. Chalice - cats drank from it so a low profile shot glass works better for me :roll:
3. Seasonal decorations - gather dust until I get around to changing them; color accents work better
4. Hooded robe with bell sleeves - aaak! Hazard. I prefer a hoodie ...
5. Exotic herbs & oils in case I might possibly, someday in the remote distant future, do a random spell to use them. Just substitute something else. :)
SapphireRoad

Re: What are Your 10 Most Useful Items

Post by SapphireRoad »

1 Herbs
2 Stones
3 Candles
4 Athame, dagger
5 Sun rays on skin
6 Moon rays on skin
7 Water
8 Words and sigils (if material item, written, engraved)
9 Coloured metals
10 Pencil, engraver, painting materials, all workshop stuff
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Which herbs and stones do you use most?
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Mint, wormwood, Levannah eh sorry Lavender Levannah was Phoenician for Moon, agrimony, sideritis siriaca and dittany of crete, sideritis siriaca is also Cretan mountain herb, thyme, black pepper, rosemary, salt, red willow, garlic, basil, laurel, rose, cayenne pepper, coffee, lilacs are my fav gonna bloom soon, oak and willow leaves, beech wood

Silver, Lapis Lazuli, Obsidian, Lava stone, Tigers eye, Fluorite, Black Tourmaline, Agates, Smoky Quartz, Citrine (true Brasil), turquoise, Grenade, Amethyst, Selenite ... I bought shunghite like you suggested to me but feels odd in water.. prolly black stones are never clean in environment where I live.
Apophylite, Apatite, Hematite, Smoky Quartz
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe you could share what you actually use the top 3 for? or the properties you appreciate. For example silver is a lunar metal but what use can you put it to briefly? Like the old spell of turning silver coins over in your hand under the full moon to increase them.
Shungite does purify water so it would feel differently :)
SapphireRoad

Re: 13 Most Useful Items

Post by SapphireRoad »

Actually something better with silver.
Since I bought silver fork and knife I've got a considerable amount of silver and it just enhances an... arcane memory or perhaps something that feels like that. I can't even describe it. But it certainly helps to have a feeling of how things used to be or are in core... of soul memory and also helped me remember a past life.
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

1) Candles, scented, unscented, in various colors.
2) Scented oils, essentials and others.
3) Incense in various forms (raisins, herbs, woods etc) and the corresponding items to burn it in
4) A chalice and several bowls to pour water in, and something to pour it into with.
5) Tarot and oracle cards
6) Colored sands and pebbles for designing ritual circles with
7) Beverages like alcohol, coffee and tea, for offerings and ritual use
8) Paper+ notebooks to design visual spells with, mandala coloring books and the like a great, too.
9) A table or altar with enough space to do stuff, ideally a room mostly used for magic
10) Salt - obviously
11) Chalk, white and colored, in substitute or addition to the colored sands - somethings you can't do with sand.
12) Athame or other knife
13) Wand or staff

...and although 13 is my fav number I have a

14) Ritual clothing, not necessarily robes, when you do something important. We use self-colored batik shirts with lots of different color schemes depending on what we need them for.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Lapis Lazuli on silver necklace enhances visions and is said to be also an aura booster. Pharaohs were said to have it all around their heads.
Obsidian calms and grounds by protecting from destructive energies. (like I said before if buying big black stones destroy the evil possibly absorbed into them first, otherwise you might cleanse it by your own force with temporary hindrances in life of whatever range)
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

In no particular order here are the items I use the most.
1 a charging disc for cleansing small items and also cleansing and charging crystals
2 a wand
3 different coloured felt for altar cloths
4 coloured unscented candles, white candles and tealights
5 crystals
6 a black tourmaline crystal skull to take care of negative energy
7 thread, string and such
8 a working area on the altar for spells
9 paper and a pen
10 grimoire
11 an altar plate for working with Morrigan
12 a figurine to represent Morrigan
13 reference books
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

NeverMoonAWerewolf wrote:6) Colored sands and pebbles for designing ritual circles with
Can't imagine the procedure but love it.
RavenClaw wrote:1 a charging disc for cleansing small items and also cleansing and charging crystals
what is a charging disc?
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

To the best of my knowledge, it's an occult disc made of bronze. On one side it has the tree of life and the other side has some odd esoteric writing that I haven't been able to identify. The disc was given to me from a cousin who was distributing part of an estate from his mom who passed away more than a year ago which is why I don't know much about the disc. When my cousin gave it to me, my first thought was that it can be used to cleanse small items and maybe charge them depending what they're made from. My cousin told me that his mom and sister were into occult stuff. I have no idea where, or how, they got the disc. I do believe his mom got it during the 1970s or the 1960s. I tried google but got as far as identifying the tree of life which I already knew.

I cleansed the disc then I cast spells on it for the purpose of cleansing and charging items. So far it has worked on crystals (cleansing and charging), candles, candle holders, jewellery and a crystal vinegar bottle. It would probably cleanse tarot decks too but I used a crystal skull for that.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 13 Most Useful Items & How You Use Them

Post by Firebird »

Hi!, I think mine may change depending on the day of the week, lol.
but these are what I use frequently,

1. Candle -The glass encased kind work well for spells, then one can scry on the wax trailing's when it through burning. Tea lights, Tapers, b-day candles... also good.
2. Incense -Sticks are quick! best way to send a prayer or other energy into the air>ether. I try to use natural resin kind, but they are expensive. Satya Nag Champa is good back up. I make natural loose incense to burn on charcoal too. Blends that reflect the seasons etc...
3. Pentacle disk -For charging the sacred loaf, cookie, cracker etc... and sometimes the Cup.
4. Cup -I use this quite a lot, I have one for everyday drinks of water, juice, or ale, so I can take a portion of my beverage to the tree for offering.
5. Stones -Many different kinds. but the black obsidian is a good grounding stone. Just tinkering through the boxes of rocks make me feel better on any day.
6. Cauldron -There is two I use most frequently, one for burning incense and the other for small fires.
7. Fire -Gazing at the flames is not only comforting but can be a good scrying zone. I have wax fire starters for brief fires in the cauldron.
8. Painting or Drawing -It's a good meditative tool whilst in the act, then after it can be a focal point of meditation.
9. Pencil with eraser! Writing -A good way to work out issues and work on chants or plan rituals, recount rituals and other creative writing projects.
10. Herbs -Of all kinds, in teas and spells to add energy to a ritual and learning their lore. Wildcrafting them, connecting and addressing the plants directly.
11. Sunlight -To charge self or items with solar (God) energy.
12. Moonlight -To charge self or items with lunar (Goddess) energy.
13. Earth-Self-Universe -To remind me of the conduit that I am between the worlds, and as a connection to all the worlds.

I like this topic! now to go back and read everyone's to see if we have similarities :)
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Re: 13 Most Useful Items & How You Use Them

Post by SapphireRoad »

I think that indoor plants miss more moonlight, they really like it.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”