Cauldron Ideas?

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Blu-Luna

Cauldron Ideas?

Post by Blu-Luna »

I am in a dilemma, I need a cauldron, but for Faery Craft, it cannot be made of iron or steel, as these materials will drive away the Gentle Folk, the opposite of what I want to accomplish!
I own a ceramic type crock pot/ slow cooker and am wandering if that would work until I found another made of suitable material. I do not have a lot of money and bronze etc,. is pretty spendy. Any ideas is greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Cauldron Ideas?

Post by SpiritTalker »

If it's sized for cooking, Is non-magnetic Cast Aluminum a possibility? See “Caldero pot” on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=caldero+pot& ... ts-a-p_6_6.
Pyrex heat safe & stoneware casseroles? I think an electric crock pot is the modern cauldron. A cauldron is just a cooking pot from a former era & 21st C has electricity, gas & induction heat sources.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Are you sure it chases them away by seeing it or is it just lore you read?

I'm not sure. Would rather use iron then aluminium (aluminium is 13th element meaning death and I don't like touching it). Copper is fabulous, Venusian like their favourite stone Emerald.
I used to have low iron in blood and it was good for me. Ironish mineral water, lentils, nettles, turkey meat rich on iron all taste great to me.
Perhaps I'm connected to hawthorn tree which might be the fiercest of fairy Oghams and is about finding power in overcoming obstacles therefore iron is beneficial as being red just as hawthorn's fruits?
Nettles is rich on iron and associated with fairies too.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Thanks SpiritTalker! I found out copper is okay, but to cook in them, they are usually lined with tin to help distribute heat more evenly and I am not quite clear on tin material with the Gentle Folk, probably not tho.
I know for sure cast iron is out and I have all sorts of that. If I had a kiln and the right equipment, I'd just make my own!
I never thought of Pyrex and I know that is safe and I have a small one I can use! You are awesome SpiritTalker!!!
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Blu-Luna wrote:but to cook in them
ahhh sorry for my bad English, I thought cauldron was just for burning incense on a coal.
Cooking is tough. I boil water for tea in glass teapot.
I wonder how to find the best pot for meals.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

Hey SL! Yes, I am anemic too and hence why I love cooking with cast iron! I know that iron will counteract magick and hence leave the Fae unprotected. In some cases, iron can even kill a Good Folk!
I do not know on iron-rich food and the Fae. I will definitely look into it, I'd hate to leave out an offering that would harm them!
There are a lot of does and don'ts with The Good Folk. Iron can most definitely protect against some malevolent faeries and not even bother others at all, like dwarves and goblins.
Just to be on the safe side of things, I think I will stick with my ceramic crock pot and Pryex for now! I feel I have so much to learn yet! Thanks for your input, much appreciated!
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

SL, I use a cast iron tea pot and it just hit me that I might have to get a glass one too! I don't usually give them an offering of tea, but almond milk. I for sure won't now!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Corning Ware & Corelle ceramic that is used for the heat shield tiles on the space shuttle is also used to make cookware & durable dishes. Doh - I was reminded of this today when I'd dropped a bowl on the kitchen floor. It didn't even chip :) I think some tin is magnetic (some sort of mix) so is out of the running. I have a thrift store find - 28 ounce Corelle bowl I have used for a serving bowl, popcorn bowl :) , mixing bowl & cauldron. It has a red rim & all my kitchen magic tools are red because I connect cooking with fire magic for obvious reasons. Anyhow the bowl is heat safe for the usual small burning tasks.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”