A pendulum question.

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
jaerajaws

A pendulum question.

Post by jaerajaws »

I recently purchased a pendulum, and it is in good condition minus one little part. The piece that connects the chain is not centered, and there is no way to fix it without destroying the entire pendulum.

Will the pendulum still work correctly if the chain is not centered on it, or would that potentially alter it's natural movement/sway?

I am also afraid that my natural ticks will affect the outcome. I cannot sit still very well, and even with my elbow steadied on a table I feel like my arm is moving. I keep my legs, and feet still but my hands and arms are the problem. Any ideas, or solutions to this?
smogie_michele

Re: A pendulum question.

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm not sure how it would affect the swinging of it. If you are worried about it, maybe wire wrap it? You can make sure it is centered that way and add a cool touch to it.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Becks

Post by Becks »

I'm thinking that it should be fine. I get to know a pendulum by asking it to show me "yes". Record your observations. How does it move? Is it circles? Up and down? Side to side? Even diagonal.....? Then ask it to show you "no". Same thing. What does it do. Then ask it to show you "yes" again.....and "no". My pendulum also does an answer that tells me it's is unclear..AKA-things in flux.

It does the same movement each time for its yes, know, or unclear. For me, another pendulum may work differently.

Through trial and error you should be able to tell if it's working..ask it something you know the answer to. These things take time.

I would think that you can work through your ticks....I'm not sure how it working for you...maybe you need to give your pendulum time to clearly indicate? Mine can really get going....I say just experiment and see.
jaerajaws

Post by jaerajaws »

Thank you. I have not used my pendulum much. I just received it so I've been keeping it close so it gets used to my energy.

I was just worried that the imperfection might tamper with its answers but I guess the pendulum would adjust itself accordingly.

I did have an incredible 5 minute session with it. I finally compelled it to stop moving, and I was starting to see it move in its yes indicator before I got interrupted.

I will just contune to use it, and experiment.
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

No problem, you can use a irregular stone wrapped with cord and it's still a perfect pendulum. I use sometimes a simple walnut, perfect for search water.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”