The Cheapest Tool: Intent

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

The Cheapest Tool: Intent

Post by Naudia Threng »

Greetings my fellow witches, warlocks, and everyone else! I'm to teach about intent. And not just the mental/emotional kind.

1) Personal Intent: So, most of us know this one. Magick is just about 99% intent and visualization. All over the internet you will see spells that require ingredients. And it's pretty ridiculous that you need the tusk of an elephant born during an eclipse and died during the first 5 minutes of a full moon that has been covered with melted beeswax from a hive that has been in Oklahoma and out three times. But you don't really need all that! All you need to do is want. Truly want. In mind and soul. You can not say "I'm going to meet the love of my life soon.", think "This is never going to work.", and feel like someone who hasn't met the love of their life. You must say what you want, think that you'll get it, and feel like you have it. (Not all practitioners say it, but i like vocalizing my magick.). That's not to say, that a material element is pointless, if you can afford it and like it/think it helps, then you're welcome to! The magick we cast is ours and ours alone.

2) Material/3rd Party Intent: A less common form of intent, is that of others. Where a healing spell (as an example), might call to burn some kind of herb with pain relieving attributes, not all of us have 300 acres of every herb in existence. So, now comes the intent of a 3rd party. You can take something else that was intended to relive pain, and use that. For instance, most of us have Tylenol. Well, the pharmaceutical company that produces Tylenol, intends that Tylenol will relieve pain. There it is, 3rd party intent. Simply grind up a pill or two and fling in the wind (Not indoors and not against the wind, be very careful.). It's quite simple, all that has to happen is the item is use is intended to do what you're supplementing . Do not use any prescribed medicine or anything you may need, ever. Be mindful of others and don't do anything illegal. Think carefully before using something for a spell, in case you may need it later.

And there's my shpeel! I hope it helps someone.

Gentle loving light,

Azure Lily, The Emerald Enchantress.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Re: The Cheapest Tool: Intent

Post by Deejean »

I love this! I barley ever use anything for spells, as we've talked about before. I simply Believe and use my intent to have things happen. I enjoy using tools when I can aford to or have a proper alter set up, but its so much easier to think or read a spell without going through a whole ritual process.

Although be careful when using intent, be sure to reread over your spells before you intend for anything to happen. Sometimes intending to help without double checking can get you into a little bit of a mess, so I've learned recently.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Deejean wrote:I love this! I barley ever use anything for spells, as we've talked about before. I simply Believe and use my intent to have things happen. I enjoy using tools when I can aford to or have a proper alter set up, but its so much easier to think or read a spell without going through a whole ritual process.

Although be careful when using intent, be sure to reread over your spells before you intend for anything to happen. Sometimes intending to help without double checking can get you into a little bit of a mess, so I've learned recently.
Oh dear I've forgotten that haven't I!? I'll finish the spell asap.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Its okay! Whenever you get around to it. Thank you again so so much :)
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

I've never tried using any tools I've always just used my thoughts and feelings and intent. If I do use anything it's kitchen herbs in my cooking, I do have a couple stone jewelry items that I wear when I feel I need them on but never use them in a spell
Does any one else use the herbs in their cooking/concoctions? Just curious?
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

I do. I love the taste of most herbs and when I know what they're used for (such as tyme can be used to ask for more time to do things) I will say a little something as I add it to my food. It seems to work well. But other than that I'm about the same. Only use thought. Well I wear my stones and necklaces everyday but thats because I love them and they make me feel... right.

Dee [HEAVY BLACK HEART]
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

WhiteTigerRuth wrote:Does any one else use herbs in their cooking/concoctions?
Deejean wrote: I do.
I do aswell! I just love herbs. I make herb like everything. Herb butter, herb salt, herb sugar, herb garnish, herb syrup, herb tea, etc. I didn't know that about Thyme! I do like to incorporate herbs in my stitch witchery though.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Hey Azure Lily :)

I like your description of these two types of intent, but I'm curious to know why and how intent is able to influence different levels of reality? There seems to be a deeper process going on behind it.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Simply- reality is what you make it. Therefore what you believe can become reality if you believe enough. That's my basic explonation but I'm sure lily will have a better one lol
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

corvidus wrote:...
Deejean wrote:...
Well, there a few things. Some people believe in the law of attraction, if you feel, think, and say what you want, then the "thing" will be attracted to what you want. The law of attraction is the rule that things that are alike are attracted to each-other. So, feeling like you have something is alike to actually having the thing, so their attracted to each-other. The other thing is like intent being a small prayer. Its lets the divine know that you want this really really badly. And the divine might give it to you. I personally don't really know which of many theories to believe. All i know is it works. Some people feel as well that your own soul bends the fabric of time and space with your intent (that sounds too cryptic to me). But, it works. We probably wont ever know the truth about our spells and intent. But, have faith that it works. Faith and intent is the key. A good acronym for doing spells with intent is FIC. Faith, Intention, & Clarity. Have faith that your magick will work. Be open and loud about your intentions (in the metaphysical sense). Cast with clarity, don't let your mind be clouded by things like fear, worry, anger, sadness, etc. Let your emotions feed your magick, not consume it. But getting back on track and concluding.

-One of the most common theories behind intent magick is the law of attraction binds your intent to the actual action.

-Another is that each intent you put out into the world, is heard by the divine and "catered" to.

-A final, more whimsical (no offense) theory, is that our soul itself changes the energies around us to make our intentions happen.

I hope this helps you guys!
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Very good explanation! I just know that's what works best for me...
Herb sugar? Not heard of that one....
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

WhiteTigerRuth wrote:Very good explanation! I just know that's what works best for me...
Herb sugar? Not heard of that one....
I literally just put my herbs in the grinder and then in a bullet blender with crushed up rock sugar. I store it in jars. It's quite yummy.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Sounds interesting I'll have to try that one...thanks
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Thanks for elaborating, jeune lys!
A final, more whimsical (no offense) theory, is that our soul itself changes the energies around us to make our intentions happen.
Haha why is this theory whimsical? Mantra and other practices are specifically used to influence the energy body, with the intent to develop the Self spiritually.
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

WhiteTigerRuth wrote:I've never tried using any tools I've always just used my thoughts and feelings and intent. If I do use anything it's kitchen herbs in my cooking, I do have a couple stone jewelry items that I wear when I feel I need them on but never use them in a spell
Does any one else use the herbs in their cooking/concoctions? Just curious?
I sometimes make a tea I call my 'witches brew' which is a collection of herbs that I need to settle my stomach, get rid of anxiety, warm me up etc.
I am but a small stone in the river that is enlightenment

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”