does anyone know where to buy colored candles?

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
mangosandy82

does anyone know where to buy colored candles?

Post by mangosandy82 »

I looked on the web and couldnt find anthing. I was looking for colored pillars. Do you knkw of a good website or store to get them at?
Echo_of_shadows

Re: does anyone know where to buy colored candles?

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

What size pillars are you looking for?
The tall pillars in glass holders come in many colors and are often found in little shops that cater to specific cultural groups. Grocery stores often carry them in with the ethnic foods.
Church supply stores are another place to look. I've heard that they're also a good place to look if you're having difficulty finding charcoal for incense.
Etsy is a good place to look. You can see some of the candles on Etsy in this thread by Kassandra.
You can also try making your own. I've good a whole look of resource goodies here.
If you don't mind using flameless candles, there are some that come with remotes that let you choose what color you want your candle to glow.
You can check out http://www.witchvox.com/ to see if they have a listing for metaphysical shops in your area.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

I personally like my candles scented, so I buy scented candles from Bed, Bath and Beyond in the color I need and scent I like.
Floyd Pinkerton

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

If you have a Michael's craft store in your area they sell pillar candles in all sorts of colours.
LiebeUndLicht

Post by LiebeUndLicht »

I'm in Britain, it's quite easy to get a hold of coloured candles. But yeah, what these guys said basically. Good luck, blessed be!
Not all scars show and not all wounds heal. Sometimes you never truly see the pain that someone feels.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

I just got some 7 day candles in the glass in white, red and green from Walmart.com

I dont normally support/buy from Walmart but they were a great deal, and was having trouble finding them elsewhere. I think I got 12 for like $20.

They had that you could get all 12 in white, which you can use white in a pinch for anything.
mangosandy82

Post by mangosandy82 »

Floyd Pinkerton wrote:If you have a Michael's craft store in your area they sell pillar candles in all sorts of colours.
Thank you I'll have to check it out! Thx everyone!
Myrrdin Greyoak

Post by Myrrdin Greyoak »

Have you tried AzureGreen? They sell all kinds of metaphysical supplies including colored unscented candles in many different sizes, including the ones in the tall glass jars
cloverfox

Post by cloverfox »

Yeah, I was going to say a craft store as well. I've seen some at WalMart as well.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I was at the grocery store one time, cruising thru
the isles when I happened upon the birthday section.
Looking at the candles, I saw some that were like
twice the size of a regular cake candles; they also
were multi-colored too. I got some to do some the
real quicky spells. Will elaborate when I can...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Muirìn

Post by Muirìn »

This thread is kinda old, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm in London, so I do have a few shops to go to, but since I'm not in central London and have a exhausting day job, I was wondering if any of you know where to find small candles of different colors (I can't have big candles if I have to let them burn all the way)

Bright day to all!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

It may be worth it to hunt down one or two new age shops that are near you, or close enough to make a trip once in awhile to. I know there are shops in London that cater to new age supplies, but I haven't been there in so long that I can't remember whereabouts in London they are. Google is probably your best friend regarding this matter.

Tescos and Woolworth had a few different kinds of candles, and other bits and pieces like incense. Although I haven't lived in the UK for a few years now so my information is likely a bit dated.

I'm just going to throw this out there in case it helps.

Colored candles are not a requirement for spells, you can still perform a banishing ritual with white candles to the same effect. Essential oils can be used to help with the focus, anointing candles with them, if you are so inclined.

I have in the past used a slightly bigger candle and simply relit it every night until it was burned down when I didn't have time to let it burn all the way safely (when I had to sleep or leave). It doesn't hurt the effects, in my experience. I simply repeat a key phrase or prayer as I relight the candle to reinforce its purpose and let it burn as time allows.
Muirìn

Post by Muirìn »

I have located two occult shops that I really like, but I have to travel around an hour to get there, which is why I wanted to know if anyone knew about ordering on the internet ^^

But your idea of relighting the candle every night with a key phrase is really clever, I'm definitely going to use it, thanks! :)
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

Ebay is actually a really good place to find coloured candles, as well as etsy.

Here is a quick search I did on ebay.co.uk for assorted chime candles

These candles are larger, but they ship from the UK with free shipping

I've gotten a lot of stuff from ebay myself; I've never had a problem, I always check the seller feedback and make sure they have a lot of overwhelmingly positive responses. Anyways, it's an option. :)
Muirìn

Post by Muirìn »

Thank you Blackthorn! The second link with the assorted one candles is really great, and even if they're "big" ones, I'll use Vesca's advice, so that's perfect!

Many thanks to the both of you :)

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”