I made my first wand!

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Sakura Blossom

I made my first wand!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I was out in the back yard today, for the first time this spring, to start connecting with the spirits of the trees we have. It did wonders and I was very, very happy with all the outcomes. However, I was shown the way to this beauty as a gift:

I asked if I could use it for my wand, and I was given their blessings. (: I'm SO excited to start working on it, and I will be sure to share the end product as soon as it's done!

EDIT :: AND IT IS FINISHED! WOOHOO! I think it turned out wonderfully for my first try! (:

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
creatrix

Re: I'm making my first wand!

Post by creatrix »

Can't wait to see it!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! It took forever to find our wiring, but I don't know if it'll be okay or not. I have NO idea what it's made out of, and because I work with the fey, I do not want something that is considered damaging (steel or iron. Dx). I'm looking everywhere to see what I can find, but I'm not finding anything just yet.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

creatrix

Post by creatrix »

Do you need to use wire? Or could you use a fabric, wrap, and glue? Are you going to put a crystal on the end, and if so, what kind?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I am using the wiring, yes. (: And it's none of the harmful metals, so it'll be okay! And I'm using a regular quartz crystal, the clear ones. (:

creatrix

Post by creatrix »

Cool! I miss my wand, it had rose quartz... it broke. I found one on Amazon I want but I think it is better to make your own! What kind of wood is that?
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, cool! I was going to buy one then make alterations to make it more personal,but I found that stick above so I'm using that. (: As for the wood, I have NO idea lol I think I know the tree it came from so I'll ask my parents what tree it is. I just know that it was offered to me by the spirits of our land, and so it holds more power and importance that way. (:

PhoenixFlight

Post by PhoenixFlight »

creatrix wrote:Cool! I miss my wand, it had rose quartz... it broke. I found one on Amazon I want but I think it is better to make your own! What kind of wood is that?
Not necessarily. A wand is just another tool of the craft, and like all tools, it may not end up staying as yours forever. It IS more personal if you make your own, and although I cannot say a whole lot about what each person makes, part of the power that you get from a wand, or really any tool, is your own belief in it that it will work for you.
Sakura Blossom wrote:I was out in the back yard today, for the first time this spring, to start connecting with the spirits of the trees we have. It did wonders and I was very, very happy with all the outcomes. However, I was shown the way to this beauty as a gift. I asked if I could use it for my wand, and I was given their blessings. (: I'm SO excited to start working on it, and I will be sure to share the end product as soon as it's done!
Sakura, if you have any questions of want feedback or anything like that, just let me know :) I've been a wandmaker for almost a decade now, and just like any craft trade, you pick up some tricks along the way :flyingwitch:
~that is an interesting notion, in it's own way~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much for the offer! I actually did an awesome job with it, it came naturally to me. I was really, really surprised. It's almost finished, it just has to finish settling with the stone. (: I'll definitely ask you for help next time! I really like how this one turned out. (: I'm still trying to figure out what kind of wood it is, though. I have no idea! I think I see the tree it came from, but I don't know the type of tree it is. I still have yet to ask my mom.

Kat
Banned Member

Re: I made my first wand!

Post by Kat »

wow it's wonderfull. plz let us know how it feels in ritual.
*Blessed Be*
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

Awesome wand! I love it! Great job!
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Beautiful! I should make a wand.... (Can you hear my creativity screaming)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you so much! And I shall let you know! (: I have yet to use anything like this, so we'll see how it goes! Haha!

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

It looks lovely. It probably came natural because the wand was telling you how to make it. I find that often times the tools and items we are making will tell us what they are after they have been made.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yeah! It just kept coming, I didn't even have to really think about it, which was nice. Haha. Thank you! (:

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”