Athame and censer

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Whitelion728

Athame and censer

Post by Whitelion728 »

Idk where I can get a good atheme.(or however u spell it) also I have no clue what a censer is. Can someone help?
Isabella

Re: Athame and censer

Post by Isabella »

Whenever I buy my ritual tools I go to this site! It has many choices!
http://www.witchstore.net
And a censer is something you burn incense in. The censer is used to catch the ashes.
Peace and Pasta!~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We can use any knife as an athame. The black handle was suggested to absorb our energy & the two-sided blade so we don't have to awkwardly turn the wrist. If those aren't bothersome then any cooking or camping goods blade is acceptable. Tools don't have to come from witch-shops because we make them magical when we magnetize them with our energy. Ritual blades can also be found at witchcraft supply web sites such as Azure-Green, Isis Books, & 13-Moons. These shops have been around 20+ years which speaks well. A bowl with some sand to absorb heat can serve for censer. We can make a wand from a fallen branch with a bit of work & find interesting wine cups at charity shops. Candles, incense & herbs can be found at variety stores, dollar stores & grocerystores. Many larger grocery chains have international sections with a wide range of herbs.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

For longest time I used a ScubaPro diving knife,
it is double edged with a serrated section and a back (gut) hook, very shiny stainless steel black handled and it has a metal loop built into the bottom so I tied rainbow ribbons in the loop, especially festive at May Day!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”