Wands - can you make your own?

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Moonstone Ivy

Wands - can you make your own?

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

I was wondering where you can get a wand? Do you need to buy one or can you make your own from a tree branch? Is it a good idea to keep it on your alter?
LA-Fairy

Re: Wands???

Post by LA-Fairy »

I have seen a bunch of pretty wands on wicca supply stores, by just searching for stores, online.

In one of my books (Modern witch, old traditions) it says it is best to make your own supplies so they have that energy and connection with you. But buying is fine. If I buy new stuff now, I try to have it close to me, like under my pillow. And cleanse it of course.
lovebrighteyes

Re: Wands - can you make your own?

Post by lovebrighteyes »

you can definitely make your own. if you want to purchase one I'd also recommend looking on etsy.com also. I have seen some beautiful and affordable wands on there and they are most likely made by a real witch.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I personally suggest making your own, it adds energy from yourself to the tool, making it more "yours"
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I like to make my ritual tools. If you make your wand, you will add your power to it and feel more connected and proud of it! :)
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
StarWolf

Re: Wands???

Post by StarWolf »

You can get a wand from a occult store which might be close to your home. Every place has its own occult store, and if you do not know if there is one in your city/neighborhood you can ask friends or search in the net for stores near your house. You might want to search in phone books as well.

You can also get a wand by online stores, but make sure that the site supports pypal payments and that it is safe to buy from, there might be scammers.

You can also make your own wand, it is even more recommended because you charge it with your own energy, and it might be even dangerous to use wands made by other people because you can not know what kind of energy was used to make the wand. That's why i always make my own wands.

I have one tip to you; if you buy a wand from a store/internet make sure to make a cleansing ritual so you can be sure that it won't be dangerous to have other energy made wand. And then you can charge it with your own energies, so it will be much better to use.
But i still recommend to make your own one.

And just another thing, a wand is not necessary, it just just a tool, and everything depends on the person.
There is no tool which is necessary. We have the abillity to do what they offer, but sometimes they can be helpful.
A wand is used to direct energy, your finger can be good as well.

Good luck!
Moonstone Ivy

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

Thanks i have made a wand from a branch from a willow tree and i am using it in spells now
blessed be
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”