My Mother

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Hazel Moon

My Mother

Post by Hazel Moon »

Earlier this week my mother passed away. She was 67 and had been battling lung cancer for 11 months. The doctors gave her six months, but she managed to hold on a bit longer. I'm just glad I was able to be there for her when she left this world.

There were so many wonderful things she did for me when I was growing up. She was always caring and compassionate, and she had a great sense of humor. She could always make me laugh. She made me toys with crochet patterns, chocolate chip cookies every Sunday night, and when I was sick she slept on the floor beside my bed because she didn't want to leave me.

This place is far too quiet now without her warmth and laughter. Her passing leaves behind an emptiness. In time it won't be so difficult. I will continue on and make her strength my own. I just miss her so much right now. At least I can take comfort in knowing that she's at peace.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Mother

Post by Firebird »

wow, she sounds wonderful.
Very sorry for your loss. My sympathies are with you.
blessings, to you and your loved ones, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Hazel Moon wrote:I just miss her so much right now. At least I can take comfort in knowing that she's at peace.
Very nice that she made toys for you.
Yes we miss them most the moment they pass.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

HazelMoon you are so blessed as you know already by the shared memories. You have my warmest sympathy & I honor your mother. You also gave her much fulfillment.
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

HazelMoon, you are in my thoughts and prayers. When the tears are flowing, remember the the times that made both of you laugh too!

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.

It's taken some time, but I've finally collected the things I need to perform a ritual for her. She was very open-minded and accepting of what I am, and one of the last gifts she gave me was combination spellbook and coloring book. You can color a spell, if you will. Working magick while making use of your creative abilities. And there's a memorial ritual in that book. So I'm going to use that as a means of honoring and remembering her.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.

Return to “In Memory Of...”