my ex Boss Mr. "D"

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

my ex Boss Mr. "D"

Post by Firebird »

I mentioned about this mans death over here because of the very weird feeling I had.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 38004.html
I've just returned from the funerary rites, several people had similar stories of this man...he was gruff, harsh and downright mean but there was a side to him that was kind, loving and very generous. I went because I wanted to remember that part of him,
:( … though I left that job despite having been there 15 years because of his abusive nature. (he was my 3rd boss at this shop) makes me sad folks who are like this do not realize what they are doing to others.
He had no family except an elderly aunt who could not be there.
Yet even through all his crap, about 20 people showed up most all of us were in the floral industry or neighbors of the business as well as a couple long time recipients of his floral work.
He had been an award winning floral designer, with a hand in Hollywood, one frequent set was the Ellen DeGeneres show and he was in a small segment of the movie Valentines Day.
After the Catholic ceremony where 2 of his longer time women friends sang the most beautiful rendition of "how great thou art", the owners of a flower shop we worked with frequently held a reception at their new location. The stories really cut loose there, though we were down to about 8 people. He had alienated his long time lover who was not there.
I'm in a weird place for emotions right now, I really liked the guy as a person. He and I were from a similar era in time and had good dialog and laughed a lot, but when I left I was angry and never spoke to him again though he did ask me to help him on a few holidays after I left, but I never replied or said I was busy. For that I'm feeling a bit guilty. The other girls who were there remember that holiday and didn't blame me, still, I wish I could have spoken to him again.
So even though he died alone and most everyone was angry to the point of not speaking at him at some point in their lives, he wasn't completely alone in the end.
rest in peace Mr. "D"
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: my ex Boss Mr. "D"

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm, it makes ya' think what impression do we leave on others unintentionally; and then again it might be more comfy not to know. Wishing you a restful heart, firebird.
YanaKhan

Re: my ex Boss Mr. "D"

Post by YanaKhan »

I believe he knows how you feel and understands. We feel what we feel, no need to regret it. May he rest in peace.

Return to “In Memory Of...”