TW Suicide of Best Friend

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
astral_awakenings

TW Suicide of Best Friend

Post by astral_awakenings »

Hello,

I suffered the loss of my "best" friend earlier this year. I call them that to indicate we rarely went a day without speaking over all the years we knew each other in this life. They were more like a sibling to me (they/them/their were their pronouns). Of course, this has been an absolutely miserable, yet enlightening experience in so many ways. I feel a deep sense of emptiness since their passing. I have other wonderful friends and family, though it is no replacement for the relationship I had with my friend who died. Also, I often feel "haunted" by my friend, I do not feel like they've fully left this plane, and it often causes me great distress. I do see a therapist, though it is still early on for my talking about this grief journey, and I am wondering if anyone on here has some insight or tips regarding this kind of death experience and feelings of being "haunted."

Thanks!

Astral_Awakenings
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: TW Suicide of Best Friend

Post by SpiritTalker »

Id like to extend my sympathies for your loss. Consulting a therapist is a good investment in yourself too. It doesn't matter if you do or don't have a belief in spirits. Just treat this as real-enough simply because it bothers you.

IMO it's possible your friend lingers to convey their apology for distressing you thru their action & one way to reassure you is by conveying that their spirit continues. Acknowledging them can help release them. Obviously this friend loves you & wouldn't "haunt" in any negative way; strong emotional attachments need reaffirming to be released.

It's not unusual to feel the presence of deceased loved one's; actually pretty normal, in fact. If you don't feel too strange doing so, then you could talk out loud & address their presence when you feel them. Pour yourselves both a cup of coffee (or whatever) & set theirs across from you at kitchen table (or someplace to chat) & tell them your honest feelings. Bring kleenex. Drink your cup & pour their cupful outdoors under a tree or bush as an offering. Another way is to write down an imaginary conversation with your friend & then burn it & bury the ashes under a tree. Magically trees extend into the 3 realms - branches = cosmic/divine, trunk = mundane/physical & roots = hidden/underworld - so trees carry the message on every level.

Not sure if that's the kind of info you were looking for.
astral_awakenings

SpiritTalker, thank you so much for your response. This is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for, so thank you times a million! This is comforting/reassuring to hear, and I am going to give your ideas a go. Much appreciated!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Many blessings to you both.
astral_awakenings

SpiritTalker wrote:Many blessings to you both.
Thank you very much!

Return to “In Memory Of...”