Atticus

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Yex

Atticus

Post by Yex »

(This post is about a deceased pet. I wasn't sure if I should put it in this forum or the animal forum; feel free to move it if you need to).

My dear cat friend Atticus died to-day. I got the news earlier to-day that he was dying, and caught the next flight down to California to be there when he was euthanized. I still remember giving him to my grandmother as a kitten on her birthday in April of 1999. She died a few years later, and we feared that he would never adjust to living with our family, but as time passed he came more out of his shell than he had ever been (though he maintained a certain curmudgeonly nature). He was a beloved fixture of our family, and we all loved him dearly, as he loved us. He was a living link to my grandmother, and a treasured loved one in his own right.

I also feel like there's some level of synchronicity in that I just recently (this past weekend) underwent a depossession ceremony in which I released a piece of my late grandfather's soul. Even though Atticus was my grandmother's cat, for some reason, I always associated his personality with that of my grandfather's.

Goodbye, my friend. You lived a long and full life, and I have no doubt that you are now once again with my grandmother.
Attachments
atticus.jpg
love is the whole and more than all
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Atticus

Post by SnowCat »

RIP Atticus.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Yex wrote:I also feel like there's some level of synchronicity in that I just recently (this past weekend) underwent a depossession ceremony in which I released a piece of my late grandfather's soul. Even though Atticus was my grandmother's cat, for some reason, I always associated his personality with that of my grandfather's.
Whoa.

Condolences on your loss, Yex.

smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

My thoughts are with you, I am so sorry for your loss.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm so sorry to hear this Yex.
What a blessing you were able to come down and be with him for his rainbow bridge journey. I'm sure the rest of the family was glad to have you there as well. You're a good son, I think most wouldn't have made such a trip. Blessings to you and Atticus.
Very interesting the synchronization of things, Grandma, Grandpa, cat all speaking to you, and will undoubtedly continue to do so.
My deepest condolences,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Yex

Post by Yex »

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and messages. They are appreciated.

Atticus is to be cremated, and we plan to scatter his ashes over my grandmother's grave this coming April, on her birthday.
love is the whole and more than all

Return to “In Memory Of...”