Good reading material

Review and recommend pagan, spiritual, Wicca, & witchcraft books.
mimi.martini.87

Good reading material

Post by mimi.martini.87 »

Hey all, I'm after some good reading material, I'm half way through "A Witches Bible" and while I'm finding it very very interesting it's very regimented and I don't think it's something I could feasibly fit into my life, I'm a mother of 2 young children, one 6 and one 2. I'm a huge reader though so any suggestions would be greatly accepted :)
Siona

Re: Good reading material

Post by Siona »

It sounds to me like you might be interested in kitchen witchcraft, it's very flexible, and it's about adding magic and ritual into day to day activities, like cooking and cleaning. "Way of the Hedge Witch: Rituals and Spells for Hearth and Home" by Arin Murphy-Hiscock, is a good book on the subject. Despite the title, it has nothing to do with hedgecraft, and is actually about kitchen or hearth witchcraft. A few other similar books are "Cottage Witchery" by Ellen Dugan, and "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen" by Scott Cunningham.

There's also a suggested reading list here which is broken into category, which you might find helpful.
mimi.martini.87

Post by mimi.martini.87 »

Ah brilliant thank you :) I've got a list of books I want to get now, some on Wicca and paganism and some on the occult, some Crowley, because I find him really interesting :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The Goddess is in the Details by Deb Blake

Ref. amazon.com
From the hearth to the altar, make magic in every moment. Being a Witch isn't limited to casting a spell under the full moon or consecrating a ritual circle. Whether you're calling the Goddess or doing the dishes, your wonderfully witchy ways are woven into everything you do.

With her signature down-to-earth wisdom and warmth, Deborah Blake takes you into the heart of what it means to be a Witch all day, every day. Filled to the brim with practical suggestions, Pagan and Wicca spells, and helpful advice, this essential book brings to light all facets of a modern Witch's life: The seven core beliefs of Witches, mindful eating and health, creating sacred space at home, relationships with non-Pagans, sex and the single Witch, raising Pagan children, solitary and coven practice, Pagan ritual, and green living.

Return to “Book Reviews”