New altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
ofthetrees

New altar

Post by ofthetrees »

I was able to clear out this out bookshelf (my book collection has outgrown this one) I decided to repurpose it. It does look a tad bare right now, but I plan to spruce it up. If anyone has any tips, I'm willing to listen!

Top shelf: goddess and god candles and my potted plant (earth)

2nd shelf: spirit candle with glass prayer beads

3rd shelf: sea shell (water)

4th shelf: feather (air)

Bottom shelf: incense (fire)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New altar

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nice Minimalist division of labor.
ofthetrees

Post by ofthetrees »

SpiritTalker wrote:Nice Minimalist division of labor.
I do tend to like the simplicity, I may end up adding some books back to give it a more lived in look.
ofthetrees

Post by ofthetrees »

sevensons wrote:I haven't seen one like that the shell would remove negativity.
I had a hard time trying to come up with a scheme that I thought would work, I couldn't find any references so I figured I would post to give others the idea if they were struggling.
drgnflyspirit

Post by drgnflyspirit »

Very nice, you have given me some ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.
ofthetrees

Post by ofthetrees »

Oh I'm so glad, blessed be!
ofthetrees

Post by ofthetrees »

I went to the thrift store today and picked up some treasures to add to my altar. I'll post a picture later, but I found a lighthouse candle holder for water and my house is beach theme, so perfect. I also got an owl to represent air and I'll be using those as bookends for a couple of my books, just to disguise it a little bit. I'm still in the broom closet, not that my hubs asks many questions about what I do lol
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Great idea for an Altar!
Think about telling your hubby about your religion. Honesty will help your relationship stay healthy. If he doesn't know, as the children get older, he will find out. My wife doesn't share my religion ,but she's fully aware of it. She's even helped me from time to time. The kids will see something they don't understand and ask Dad about it. That then gets into"How long have you been keeping this secret? What else aren't you telling me?", and you don't want to start trust issues. My wife knew to just tell the kids it was my religion and it went from there. My son's not religious at all. May daughter is my best student. Both of them went through the Roman Catholic first Communion and stuff to keep my wife's Dad happy. That wore off fast. Most likely it's because they could ask me about the religious questions all kids have and I could give them honest answers. Both my kids are grown now. They say their happy and they seem to be. I've been married 38 years. Please think seriously about it.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

This is really nice!
BB

Blue Moon
ofthetrees

Post by ofthetrees »

planewalker wrote:Great idea for an Altar!
Think about telling your hubby about your religion. Honesty will help your relationship stay healthy. If he doesn't know, as the children get older, he will find out. My wife doesn't share my religion ,but she's fully aware of it. She's even helped me from time to time. The kids will see something they don't understand and ask Dad about it. That then gets into"How long have you been keeping this secret? What else aren't you telling me?", and you don't want to start trust issues. My wife knew to just tell the kids it was my religion and it went from there. My son's not religious at all. May daughter is my best student. Both of them went through the Roman Catholic first Communion and stuff to keep my wife's Dad happy. That wore off fast. Most likely it's because they could ask me about the religious questions all kids have and I could give them honest answers. Both my kids are grown now. They say their happy and they seem to be. I've been married 38 years. Please think seriously about it.
It's not that I'm hiding it persay, I've been practicing in my subtle way for almost three years. He doesn't question it or asks any questions, so we haven't had a sit down talk about it. The books I've bought or brought home from the library about paganism have gone unquestioned. I suppose we will talk about it eventually, it just hasn't come up or been an issue.

Return to “Altar Pictures”