My Altar (Bedside Table Altar)

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Avalon Ravenmoon

My Altar (Bedside Table Altar)

Post by Avalon Ravenmoon »

Samhain/November eve blessings everybody :) I was writing in my personal blog on here about what I did for Samhain and shared a picture of my altar, and I thought now would be a good time to start my Altar thread here.
My goal is to post photos here as my altar changes through the year. However, I do change it up almost biweekly, so I might only share what it looks like on the different sabbats.

Samhain 2017
I had decorated this altar with black skull candles and such but packed them up to make a sort of travel altar when I thought I might be going to my parents for October 31st. When I found out there was a change of plans and I was staying home, I didn't worry about getting out the decorations. I decided to do my ritual as the altar was. So although this was my altar for Samhain, this is pretty much what it looks like lately in it's simple everyday/elemental setup.

I have an antler my love found in the woods for the god, a figurine for the goddess, stones for earth, a singing bowl from my parents for air, candles for fire, a vial of water for water and my elemental candles as well. The candle on the black holder near the back, being sort of hugged by the antler, is for spirit. The central candle is a "working candle". Everything else is either a working or just crystals - my gems are in a holder on the top right corner and the white orb is a selenite sphere for keeping the altar energies and tools cleansed. I usually have purple tapestries hung around my altar and purple cloths on it because it's my favourite colour but also in my mind has the spiritual/divine connection. I'm not entirely sure why but to me purple drapery has an Avalonian feel which I appreciate because as a child I dreamt of Avalon and it was sort of my first glimpse into paganism and the archetype of the enchantress.

Off to the side of my altar I have a storage drawer that doubles as an altar extension with illuminator/deity candles and my cauldron. I didn't get any pictures of it for Samhain but will probably share this part of the space in the future.
T'a Nuk

Re: My Altar (Bedside Table Altar)

Post by T'a Nuk »

This is great. An altar is a highly personal space and should reflect the season of the year and the practitioner. I look forward to seeing the evolution of yours...

Return to “Altar Pictures”