My Altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
floridawitch

My Altar

Post by floridawitch »

Here is my hidden altar. :) Very basic with nothing notably Pagan or Wiccan. Underneath, you can see the brightly colored storage bins that contain some candles, herbs, and other supplies.
rsz_photo_1.jpg
rsz_photo_2.jpg
And here is my altar decorated for Beltane with some flowers that I found while walking and some store-bought beauties. :)
rsz_photo_4.jpg
I'm quite happy with the Beltane decorations on it and how it turned out overall. <3
Blessed Be!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Altar

Post by Firebird »

Simple and beautiful! Love those star dishes! I got a few from the 99 cent store. The trinkets within look like candy...Magic candy!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
floridawitch

Post by floridawitch »

Thank you! I got mine from the dollar store as well. I was super happy with the find! Inside the dish on the first two photos are some stones and crystals, along with a string of prayer beads that I made (scattered around it in the third photo).
Blessed Be!
crescent

Post by crescent »

I love that! It has a beautiful feel. I use prayer beads a lot. How did you choose the number of beads and do certain beads mean anything different? Unless you want that kept private, and I understand.
floridawitch

Post by floridawitch »

Thanks, crescent! I don't mind sharing how they were created at all. :)

I chose four sets of seven beads. Four sets, for earth, air, fire, and water. Seven beads in each set to represent the seven chakras. One set is jasper gemstone beads for balance and grounding. Another set is agate gemstone beads for protection and clarity. The other two sets are glass beads, although I chose purple (for increased spiritual awareness) and green (for good health) colored beads intentionally.

There's also three bigger beads to break up the sets, and they are evil eye beads, for protection. And the end beads are charms. One silver moon and one black sun, to represent the Goddess and God. :)
Blessed Be!
crescent

Post by crescent »

How brilliant! So well-thought, thank you for explaining!
floridawitch

Post by floridawitch »

Thanks for asking! :)

I've never done prayer beads before and I did minimal research, so I sort of just did what felt right.
Blessed Be!

Return to “Altar Pictures”