lughnasadh altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
smash089

lughnasadh altar

Post by smash089 »

I made this quick altar yesterday for lughnasadh - it wasn't much considering I have absolutely no tools or sacred space yet - or money for that fact. (Couldn't have a feast which upset me alittle but I did what I could)

I thought it was cute; I did a tarot reading for the month too. I really hope this was enough for my thankyou's to be heard from the divine. It was upon my windowsill in my partner and I's room.
Myrth

Re: lughnasadh altar

Post by Myrth »

The simplest altar can be very special. Further, you do NOT need money or things to practice. You don't need tools. You don't need a set aside room.

Any space can be made sacred in a short amount of time. Banish negativity. Cast your circle. Bless the space. And there you have it, indoors or out.

A feast is just a special meal. Any meal can be your feast. I do a bit of kitchen witchery. Even if you don't have a lot of money to buy expensive foods, if you have any food, you have a meal. Make it special with intent, adding each ingredient with positive energy and intents added. Stir it clockwise. A simple pan of muffins served with milk or juice was our Imbolc breakfast. Serve it with gratitude. Take a moment before eating to express gratitude. Make it meaningful.

If I wanted high church and elaborate services, I would be Catholic. I am just a simple witch. Simple is just fine. Hugs.
Myrth
smash089

Re: lughnasadh altar

Post by smash089 »

Myrth wrote:The simplest altar can be very special. Further, you do NOT need money or things to practice. You don't need tools. You don't need a set aside room.

Any space can be made sacred in a short amount of time. Banish negativity. Cast your circle. Bless the space. And there you have it, indoors or out.

A feast is just a special meal. Any meal can be your feast. I do a bit of kitchen witchery. Even if you don't have a lot of money to buy expensive foods, if you have any food, you have a meal. Make it special with intent, adding each ingredient with positive energy and intents added. Stir it clockwise. A simple pan of muffins served with milk or juice was our Imbolc breakfast. Serve it with gratitude. Take a moment before eating to express gratitude. Make it meaningful.

If I wanted high church and elaborate services, I would be Catholic. I am just a simple witch. Simple is just fine. Hugs.
I'll definitely keep this in mind, I just feel like I cannot Create the space and honour the divine like I should be able too. My partner is very supportive but has no idea the path I'm on, and our housemate is the same, I can't chant or say spells out aloud without looking crazy to them. Which really bugs me. So I do it all mentally and it makes me feel I need to have alittle more for the divine to hear me.

But I'll be making our dinner tonight with love and intent on thanking the god and goddess for what they have given us to be able to survive in this modern world, and hopefully mentally is all they need at this point in time :)

Return to “Altar Pictures”