My Altar & Tools!

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Tur

My Altar & Tools!

Post by Tur »

Hello! I keep my altar right at the foot of my bed, so I can sit there during a ritual and look outside the window. It's nothing too exciting. This is a side and front view of it. On the side view I have my Book Of Shadows in the middle. I took it off for most of the pictures, so it looks a little less cluttered.
ImageImage

On the left side I have books. It's like my own little library. On the right is my actual altar. I don't have a athame yet, so I can't show it, but I do have my other tools. My chalice has tea for the goddess right now, so sorry it looks a strange colour. It's at the top of my alter, between the two candles(one white, the other blue). I need to replace the candles, they're dead. Luckily, I have a chalice for the element water, and another for offering gifts. The one not full of tea I'll show. I decorate around it depending on the season. My deity is Aine, who is goddess of grain and onions, so I tried to incorporate them in the winter theme.
Secondly, I have my wand and Celtic bowl. I made the wand myself, using a fallen branch from outside my house, and handle I found in my basement. The Celtic bowl was a gift from my Aunt, who does pottery. On the lid it has the Celtic knot. She also made my chalice. I use the Celtic bowl to burn my white sage during a ritual. I wear the necklace during rituals, meditations, and astral projections. It is a tiger's eye crystal, for protection. I'm a big fan of gemstones. On my altar I have amethyst, pyrite, ocean jade, fairy quartz, a citrine point, rose quartz and chalcopyrite. Beside it I have a little bowl of salt, also made by my aunt, which holds a pink container of oil. Right now I actually have more salt inside of it instead of oil.
ImageImage

Lastly, I have my incense burner. I keep it on the east side, with the Celtic bowl, and little clear container of dried sage to represent air. I also own little bowls of salt for each corner of my altar.

That's all for the altar-altar! Maybe I'll take pictures of my library-altar next, and show what books I'm reading. :wink:
Echo_of_shadows

Re: My Altar & Tools!

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I like the your altar is right by a window. It's convenient for looking at the moon during rituals such as drawing down the moon. I believe that it's nice alternative for when working outside isn't possible. I too like to decorate my altar based on the seasons and I currently have pine cones on my altar. :)
Tur

Post by Tur »

Thank you! Having it by the window is great, especially during winter when the snow makes everything so beautiful. Decorating around the seasons is like decorating the Christmas tree, it puts me in a holiday mood!
lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

Yes I definitely love that it's by a window. What a way to incorporate nature!
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
seawitch

Post by seawitch »

I like how your altar is right by the window; that's pretty awesome

Return to “Altar Pictures”