Lorraine

found it!

Post by Lorraine »

gem1.jpg
gem1.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
gem.jpg
gem2.jpg
gem2.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
Very excited, just come home after a crappy day and found this outside my back door.

Had a feel at it and it does feel like a stone/crystal of some sort. It's cool when you pick it up, and has the same chink as the other stones I have. I've had a look and some images online and it looks like citrine to me, but I haven't really got much clue when it comes to these things so wondering what you think. Its quite clear in places, but does have some yellow-ish lines and planes in there. It also has, what looks like some rusty bits, what do you think? a citrine stone? a plastic bead?

Either way I'm excited that it wound up on my back yard :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: found it!

Post by Firebird »

what an exciting find! I would say maybe it's carnelian but it is very clear to be that...could be citrine or a rusty quartz :?
Sweet!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

looks legit to me. itdoesn't seem to have that flat bottom you find on manufactured decorative things. I couldn't tell you what kind of stone it is cuz I don't know much but it's way cool you found that.

one time, I cleaned out my fishtank and dumped all the rocks in my gravle driveway. A couple of months later a lady came by telling me about all these interesting stones she found in my yard and asked if she could take them. She looked pretty dissapointed when I told her I bought them at Pet-Smart, but she was welcome to take them.

but like I said, that looks real to me...just reminded me of that story. lol
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

ah thanks for your replies :D it does feel like a genuine stone but I'm not expert, I'll have ask next time I'm near a gem store. I can't work out how it got there, but who knows maybe it was looking for a good home :lol:
Zili

Post by Zili »

It is a genuine stone :) that much I can tell. I did a bit of research and this is the closest I could find that would fit your stone http://www.etsy.com/listing/105160159/p ... z-chrystal the stone listed on the etsy site would be considered grade A yours if it is the same type would be called a grade C or grade D

it could also be this http://www.worldsbestnaturestore.com/i-pics/n7.jpg which is quarts with citrine grown on top.

or simply a quartz with orange color to it like a tangerine colored quartz crystal but it would most likely be from the bottom of a crystal point tumbled and polished. http://www.mineralman.com/mineralmanTSN2012.html
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

Thank so you so much for taking the time and trouble to research my stone :)

I've had a look at the websites, and clicked on to links like you do ... and found these which I'm sure are the same.
gem4.jpg
gem4.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Did a little bit of research as well for you. To me it looks very much like citrine.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... mBWyfw.jpg

Awesome find, if all else fails you could try a metaphysical store or a crystal book with pictures to be able to better compare. Blessed Be!
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

A gift from the fae ! If you wanted, you could leave some sugar where you found it ...
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

OK thank you all, I'll have to put some sugar there then :)
xxx
Zili

Post by Zili »

It is not citrine I can tell that. Citrine is a lot more yellow, Lorraine's stone is orange :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

ok I'm confused, I have never heard of crysocolla in quartz., so I went looking... nothing really definitive, except there seems to be a 'crysolla quartz' and not related to crysocolla.....crysocolla is blue- green and a very soft stone, you cannot tumble it successfully. I suspect your stone is a type of quartz, and possibly enhanced with dye. Can you get to a gem show and talk to a rock hound? They love to talk about rocks. You will most likely will find your answer there.
Still, it is very cool to have such a find in your own yard. Since the stone is orange...maybe the universe is suggesting your creative side is opening up, or that you need to pay more attention to being creative?
many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Hmmm and there was I thinking it looked a bit like peach calcite. But don't quote me as I could be wrong. There are such things as visiting crystals too. So if this has appeared through transport of another, I would not be surprised as that's linked to physical mediumship too in some respects.

Return to “Crystal Gallery”