moonstone & citrine?

Share photos of your own crystals here.
Lorraine

moonstone & citrine?

Post by Lorraine »

DSCF0214.JPG
Hello, I'm new here :wave:

just wondering about these two, I think they're a moonstone (on the left) and a citrine, what do you think?

x
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: moonstone & citrine?

Post by Firebird »

Hi Lorraine!...I think the one on the left is calcite, and the right one is possibly citrine, is it a little yellow? the photo is not doing it justice. Anyway that's my thoughts...
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

Thanks for that.

The one on the right is kind of sparkly, a bit see through in the middle with a goldy/yellow streak across the middle. The one on the right looks kind of dull when you first look at it , but when you look closely is is quite iridescent with hidden depths and layers.

It's quite hard to get a clear enough photo, that is small enough to up load to forum :)

x
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I think you're right about the left one being moonstone but I have no idea about the other.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

After comparing them to my own and various pictures on the net it looks to me as they are Calcite and Citrine
MistressOfTheMoon

moonstone & citrine?

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

The one on the right might be a yellow aventurine. Not sure. Aventurine is characterized by the sparkles.

Update: Oh. Most likely citrine based on the pictures I Googled. Yellow adventurine is near opaque hazy. My apologies.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.

Return to “Crystal Gallery”