My Crazy Dream

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
SnowCat
Banned Member

My Crazy Dream

Post by SnowCat »

Disclaimer: I have been running a fever for two days.

The dream started out at a former neighbor's house. I used to babysit their kids when I was in high school. On this night, I was just staying there until their grown daughter got home from work, due to her fear of coming home to an empty house. Her parents were out.

Next thing I know, the dream has jumped to me watching Crime Story. I used to watch it back in the day. The episode opens with the criminals being criminals, and a couple of guys ending up dead. The women who happened to be there weren't killed though, because killing women would have been unchivalrous. The criminals had the crumbs of a code of conduct.

The opening scenes are in black and white, with credits explaining who's playing who, including Dennis Farina playing his cop character. In the background, a figure in tights and mask speeds by. I recognize the figure as Daredevil, and think how cooler everything would be if the show were in color. Black and white does not do justice to Daredevil's fancy red super hero costume. Just like that, the dream switches to color.

Then the body aches wake me up.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: My Crazy Dream

Post by SpiritTalker »

Super hero DD is working on your behalf like an immune system should. Colorized = activated.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

After that I was dreaming about houses. We were looking at one that was really rundown, and we were talking to the neighbor that had the same style of house, but hers wasn't rundown. We weren't sure we would be able to fix up the rundown one, but the neighbor seemed to think that we could. When we went inside the house, it was painted the same color as our current house. Probably a reflection of my current state of everything.

Then work called and woke me up, wanting to know why I wasn't there. I called them back, and explained that the director of nursing had changed my schedule, and had told me specifically not to come in today. I had checked that with the scheduler too, and was told that my schedule would be Monday thru Friday starting this week. The weekend supervisor got the DON involved, and she was begging me and trying to make deals to get me to come in. I turned my phone off. It isn't the first time the schedule has been a mess and somebody wanted me to come in when I wasn't supposed to be scheduled. Hopefully I still have a job tomorrow. If not, they won't be able to make a case for denying me unemployment.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ummm, they want you to come in while ill? a nursing boss(any of them)
should certainly know no one is recovered and ready for work the day after a fever. :evilwitch: in your line of work.. It's a no brainer.

(Edit) oh, and the run down house is representing you. Houses and the interiors represent the areas that need addressing.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

No, they wanted me to come in because despite my checking with scheduling and the Director of Nursing, about the schedule change that the DON implemented starting this week, my name was on the schedule for today. I'm just over fixing things that other people make a mess of.

Edit: the house was structurally unsound. I'm rather structurally unsound these days. I spend every one of my shifts in pain. My back is in constant spasms. Hopefully I can get that addressed soon.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Honour among thieves was on my mind lately.
Men dead daily life tough
Women alive nightly, lunar life good
it has also been on my mind in last few days
Tree of hope remain strong
https://www.fridakahlo.org/tree-of-hope ... strong.jsp
Frida was born 6th July, Ancient Egyptian New Year as Sun rose together with Sirius star
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Dream Journals”