Vendredi's Nocturnal Dramas

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
Vendredi

Vendredi's Nocturnal Dramas

Post by Vendredi »

If anyone is interested, feel free to chime in with your interpretations, etc.

Mainly this is for my amusement. I get a kick out of what my brain comes up with, though there have been a few that I've wondered wth???
Vendredi

Re: Vendredi's Nocturnal Dramas

Post by Vendredi »

I was in a bank, or a DMV or I don't really know...one of those official type places with lots of people and lots of waiting. My youngest child was with me. There came to be a situation with a hostile male (no details beyond that) with a gun. I chose to sacrifice myself and I was shot in the head. Upon dying, I went to Mars, where I could watch what was happening with my loved ones on Earth. I gave lotto numbers to my husband...not sure how? (I have zero interest in such contests irl.) And I was visited by someone, don't know who, but they felt familiar.

I think that's all I remember. Mars was pretty cool though.
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

And then there's the one where I was on the moon.

I was an anthropologist, and I was sent (with my husband and youngest kid) to the moon to study our colony. (Yep.)
It was beautiful and we didn't need any special gear or anything. Very desert-like, but there was a little water. I saw an Earthrise (or was it Earthset??) and that was stunning. The people were...odd. It was an American colony, and it seemed like time had stopped around the late 50s, early 60s? maybe. Fashions were outdated. And their values were quite...restricting. They seemed very innocent, naive. And their love for the US was...kind of frightening. I watched a weather report (for the moon) and the news (propaganda.)

edit: geesh, grammar. I know this.
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

(Hm. Maybe I need to lay off the melatonin. But seriously most nights are an adventure and I love it.)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've encountered the theory that we spend some of our time between lives on other worlds in our solar system. It could also be that you're tapping into alternate time lines in your dreams.

Last week I dreamed that I was making frozen margaritas for my cats. I need to get margarita mix and tequila. For me. It's been a week.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

I've not seen that theory, but I like it. When you're all free of a body, why limit yourself? I've definitely had - what I feel - were alternate timeline dreams. There's usually a peculiar feel about them. I have to meditate on that.

Lol, Snow, I definitely think you were being told it was time for some margaritas. And I also think, by sharing that with me, I'm being told that I'm due as well! :flyingwitch:
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

Here's a good one:

We all woke up late, so everyone was rushing around and then they left. Except my husband. I went to the basement, which looked much like my real basement (basically a large cellar...dirt, old brick, the kind of basement that would be in a horror movie with a body buried in it) except I had to go up the stairs where an attic would be. Then I started removing crumbling bricks and decided I needed a bucket so I went downstairs. Then I saw my dad and told him, and he said "I'll just take a look." Then I went back upstairs, with my bucket, to the basement that was in the ground.

????

Return to “Dream Journals”