Dreaming Among the Shadows

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Dreaming Among the Shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I'm not good at lucid dreaming. I've become aware that I'm dreaming, but the realization causes me to wake up right away.
Semi-lucid Dream 7-14-2014
I'm in a house that I used to live in. I leave my bedroom and walk down the hall to the bathroom. I pass my boyfriend as he comes out of the bathroom and he says something to me.
I don't remember what though. I approach the closest window and look down into the backyard. I become aware of the fact that I am in a house that has been torn down in the real world. It's something like a passing thought at the back of my mind. The backyard is made up of different pools that make me think of puzzle pieces, as they are different shapes that fit together perfectly.
I turn around and look toward the other window. I look out at the neighbor's house and see random stuff laying on the ground because they have just been evicted. The dream shifts a bit and the stuff is now on the bathroom floor. I find a plush Grumpy Cat in the pile. I grab Grumpy and hang on to him real tight and tell myself that if I can hold him tight enough, I can bring him out of the dream with me.
As I clutch Grumpy, I continue to look trough more of the stuff. I find and old binder that belonged to my boyfriend years ago, from one of the times that we had dated before. There is writing inside of it that I had left for him.
I don't remember what I wrote. Next to my writing is something written by his ex-girlfriend, asking him to erase what I wrote to him.
Echo_of_shadows

7-18-2014
Let me drop you here in the middle of this dream. This is where it got weird, and the stuff before this point is irrelevent.
I've stopped to watch a coach and a football team. The coach is making the guys play blindfolded. Ok, that's just brain clutter from something I had seen the day before. As I'm watching, a blank spot occurs. I don't know if I've blacked out in the dream or if it's a transition between scenes. The next thing I know, I'm being told by my mom that we need to leave state because I've been hurt real bad. Somewhere in that blank spot I was burned badly, somewhere on my body. I don't know where because I'm unable to look down at my body. There's an urgency to leave Michigan, but nothing is said about getting medical attention. I start going around the house packing stuff to take with us. I was worried about leaving the house vacated for a while, and I'm either told this, or I remember this, but apparently, my dad will be coming home from work and looking after the house. Odd concept since my dad is deceased. We're anxious to get on the road so that we can stop to get something to eat and go to Starbucks. My boyfriend comes into my parent's room, where I'm gathering things for the trip, he says something to me about hurrying up, and I tell him things would go faster if he helps to pack or to write my dad a note to tell him what happened. I come out of the room and say that I want to go to Indiana since I've already been to Ohio.
This one was kind of scary. Here I've been badly burned and we're going to freaking Starbucks instead of the ER! :x
Echo_of_shadows

It sucks when you're so tired that you dream of being tired. :(

I'm surprised I haven't mentioned it here yet, but I frequently have dreams of being in a relationship with one specific guy. It's someone I went to elementary school with, and I haven't seen him since eighth grade. The dreams aren't bad or upsetting in any way. I just can't figure out why they're happening.

I had a dream last night about some website or forum about technology and coffee. :P The site name was cute. Maybe I can use it for something. halfsm
Echo_of_shadows

Just writing down some random bits.
Dreamed that I had long, rainbow colored hair. So cute! smileylove I wouldn't mind having it, but I weep for how much it would cost me. :shock: I've been having dreams about the color of my hair ever since I started dying it unnatural colors a year ago. The dreams are usually of the color washing out. :|

I had a dream about a life insurance plan that would help you decide between a funeral and cremation based on the number of people that would show up for your funeral. The company would send out an automated calls every day to everyone you know to check and make sure that they plan to show up. In a way, it sounds kinda useful, yet very complex.

This dream was from the other day.
I was watching a video of people touring the grounds of a local mansion. There were several little fawns roaming about the grounds. No full grown deer, though. The people would walk around, then stop and pick the fawns up to hug and cuddle. :o
Echo_of_shadows

Electronics rarely work for me in dreams. Phone, TV remote, internet are all crap in my dreams. Take yesterday for example: I'm standing on the front porch of the house I spent most of my childhood in. There's a payphone in a corner near the driveway. I don't insert money into the phone. Instead, I start twisting a screw into the phone. An old man just sort of poofs in out of nowhere and inserts money into the phone for me. Before I even dial, a message comes over the line stating the I've dialed my call incorrectly. I hang up and try again. This time I push one button and music starts playing. It has a tropical island vibe. I push a different button and it plays a song by Seether. I never did get a hold of anyone before I woke up. :P

Return to “Dream Journals”