Heebie Jeebies – Imagination Vs. Reality

Moderator: Kassandra

Alura Noel

Heebie Jeebies – Imagination Vs. Reality

Post by Alura Noel »

'

Sometimes, I get this eerie feeling of being watched or feeling “something” is there. I’m pretty sure everyone has felt that way at one point in their lives. But this feeling happens quite a bit and randomly. The hard part for me about this is sometimes I think it’s my imagination running wild.

What makes me think it’s my imagination:

When I watch a scary movie, after when the lights are out I will feel like there’s a presence.
Or if I start thinking about creepy/scary things when I’m by myself (or even with other people) I’ll start feeling like theirs something there. Typical paranoia.

What makes me think maybe it’s more than my imagination:

It’s (the eerie feeling) not linked to when it’s dark or when it’s during the day and whether I'm alone or not – A lot of people get scared of the dark thinking something is their just because it’s dark. I haven’t ever had that problem. I’ll get this feeling randomly sometimes when it’s dark or light out.
Sometimes I’ll feel like there is a presence there and it will scare/panic me or I’ll feel something is there but it doesn't make me feel scared but just aware, like having someone look over my shoulder kind of feeling.

There really isn't a way for me to confirm whether it's me creeping myself out or if I am really feeling something.

So, my question is how can someone tell when it’s just their imagination getting carried away or if there really is something there?

'
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Heebie Jeebies – Imagination Vs. Reality

Post by SnowCat »

In part one, you have a cause and effect. Scary movie = creepy feeling. In part two, it happens for no apparent reason. I'd say part one is imagination, and part two is real.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Feeds on Itself

I think fear is one of those emotions that are like a never ending loop. Jealousy's that way, too. They serve their purpose,but can easily turn into toxic emotions, if we let them. We think fearful thoughts, they lead to more fearful thoughts. Now those shadows on the wall "look like something," rather than just mere shadows. Same with jealousy, jealous thoughts into more jealous thoughts...now we hate all girls with red hair because that one girl (seemed like she) tried to steal our guy, and so on. People watch scary movies to be made scared, like it's a challenge of some sort. I would say that if you feel creeped out after a scary movie, it's because the images triggered more fears in your mind. And then those led to other fearful thoughts, and so on.

Sensitivity

Everyone is kind of sensitive psychically. We all can sense "presences" around us, some have higher sensibilities in this area than others. Even with the best of human sensibilities, however, there is still so much that is out of our range of direct awareness. We can't hear sounds that dogs and other animals could hear, for example (like "dog whistles"). We don't see the beings that are able to easily phase in and out of the 3rd dimension density that we live in. But just because we can't see them anymore, doesn't mean they're not there.

In my opinion, any given location is teaming with life. We've all casually talked about fairies, gnomes, trolls, angels, dead people, extraterrestrials (and terrestrials native to Earth, just not human), etc. In my opinion, these are all real beings. They aren't under our control. If they pop up, they just pop up. If they're visiting, or curious, or attracted to our energies for whatever reason (good or bad), they're going to show up.Sometimes it will be a pleasant encounter. Sometimes it will be an unpleasant one. Depends on their motives, and depends on how we choose to deal with them. I was just talking to someone the other day who had a "visitation" at night in his room by something not human.

I don't think you're imagining things. I think you are "sensing" things, though. A cleansing of your space probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Sometimes, we have to "mark our territory" with these beings, not in a fighting, challenging way or anything. But, in a way that lets them know we believe we deserve to live in harmony in our residences, and we would like them to respect that wish.

I guess in a way, these answers were really just an elaboration of what Snow said.

Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yes, exactly what Kassandra said...

Not to diminish your feelings, because there's always the possibility that something could be around you, but we literally train our brains how to think and feel. If you allow yourself to be intentionally frightened on a regular basis, your brain creates certain neural pathways that become well-worn and are far more likely to be triggered and used again and again. Also, once your brain and body realize that you get some sort of rush from that feeling of fear (which is normal), then your brain will go out of its way to give you what you want, which is the rush of adrenaline or other pleasurable feelings that you get from being afraid. (I realize it sounds stupid to say that fear can be pleasurable, but if it wasn't somewhat pleasurable, there wouldn't be so many people who love horror movies.) So maybe your subconscious will put the thought in your head, "What if an evil spirit is watching me right now?" So if you DON'T want to think there are spirits around you, you can go with that explanation.

On the other hand, spirits are supposedly everywhere, according to sensitive people. It could be that you simply pick on them sometimes more than others. And regardless of whether a spirit is "good" or "bad" or just a regular flawed human soul, the majority of people feel freaked out by the knowledge that someone is around us that we can't see. Even if it's grandpa, most of us will feel afraid.
Alura Noel

Post by Alura Noel »

On more of the scientific route, what would be the best way to retrain the brain? Avoid scary movies? Being mindful of actions?

More of the "sensing" area, what are some ways to cleanse the area? I know some people use sage and sweetgrass but the smokey smell... I don't care for it much.

Return to “Kassandra's Metaphysical Basics”