Creating Goodwill within Me Ritual Bath

Moderator: Kassandra

Kassandra

Creating Goodwill within Me Ritual Bath

Post by Kassandra »

Introduction
The occasion I wrote this was when I had to deal, on a regular basis, with a person I found to be very difficult. I called it the "Creating Good Will within Me Bath." Though many people felt the same way about this person and enjoyed acting like victims and saying critical things behind this person's back, I wanted to be free of resentments. This bath ritual helped me restore serenity in my spirit. It worked really well.

The WILL, as expressed through our various goals and desires, when thought or spoken with focus, strong intent and emotion, is our most important alchemical tool of all. All other tools merely support the will. In this case my will was to cool my anger, clear my thoughts so that I could see things from a non-emotional perspective, cut my energetic ties with this situation, and release the old energy "down the drain," literally.

You could tailor this bath to help you release other things according to your life situation, not just how I used it. Break a bad habit, release a relationship, etc. You may want to repeat the bath ritual for several days, depending on how deeply-rooted your feelings are. I repeated it 3 days in a row, which is a common practice in hoodoo. Invoke whatever gods or goddesses you feel are important, rewrite the spell, change the ingredients, whatever.

Ingredients:
Fresh or dried mint leaves (to cool angry thoughts & emotions, and to cool the body & auric field, as well)
Mesh fabric tea bag, with ties (to hold mint leaves and quartz crystal)
1 small clear quartz crystal
Handful of sea salt
4 or 5 teaspoons of honey
Several tea light candles
1 green candle
Small jar
Lighter
Burning implement (cauldron, dish, or whatever, in which to burn paper)
Cutting implement (scissors, boline, athame, or whatever you use to symbolically “cut” something)
Several sheets of binder (or other) paper that are dispensable
Empty bottle with a top (repurposing a wine bottle will do)
Your personal journal (I feel it’s important to document, if possible, emotions, sensations and thoughts during a ritual, or immediately afterward)
Tray or basket (on which to carry all the above)

Instructions:

Find a place where you won't be disturbed for about an hour
(altar, garage, backyard, park, desk, whatever):

• Write every foul thought you have about the person or situation in bullet-pointed phrases. Get it all out, as dark and ugly as you need to be. Use curse words, everything. The more honest you are with yourself, the better this ritual will work for you. Include any in-directly related things that come to mind about the situation, as well. Keep writing and writing and writing, until the thoughts stop coming ...and they will stop after awhile, though at first it won't seem like they ever will.

• Fold the paper away from you several times, smaller and smaller. With each fold, think of your intention to make these dark feelings "go away" from you. Burn the folded paper in the cauldron or dish. Imagine negativity of the situation burning within the smoke. Place the ashes in the small jar.

• Next, place the mint leaves and crystal in the tea bag, and tie it.

• Gather the ash jar, tea bag, and all the other implements on the list, onto the tray or into the basket, and bring everything into the bathroom. Place the tray or basket within reach of the bathtub somewhere (you’ll be using things while in the tub).

Prepare for the bath:
• This is a lustral bath, not for “physical” cleaning, but for transformation. So, first clean your body, inside and out, beforehand. Take a good shower and scrub head to toe, brush your teeth well, etc.

• Place the tea light candles along the bathtub, wherever it suites you, and light them (candles signal to Universal energies, including to your own subconscious thoughts, that this is not an ordinary bath, but that this is a sacred, spiritual occasion).

Have the spell ingredients tray by the bathtub, and recite the following. You can pick up each ingredient, and look at it as you speak:

[Set intention]
Cool the fire, cool the flame.
Cool my raging thoughts
at the sound of that name.

Mint to lighten,
sea salt to clear,
water to rinse,
foul thoughts from my ears.

Honey to sweeten,
the words that I say.
And clear quartz illumines
my path in this way.

[Clear karmic ties: envision the person(s) as you speak]
In every timeline of past lives,
whenever we’ve met,
and even in future lives
we haven’t lived yet…

IN ALL DIRECTIONS OF TIME
I NOW SEVER THE TIE
which, for whatever reasons,
had bound you and I.

I stand free from you,
And you free from me.
I declare all karma balanced.
I declare both of us free.

[Release and close]
For it’s freedom we long for,
liberation from pain.
Now goes this burden
with the water, down the drain.

And now goes this burden
with the water, down the drain.

• Then, tie the teabag with the mint and crystal in it onto the faucet. Run the bath water, letting the water run through the tea bag as the tub fills. After filling the tub, untie the tea bag and let it float around in the tub.

• Sprinkle the sea salt into the water.

• Before getting into the tub, recite the entire alchemical wording over the water, charging it, your surroundings, and your mind and body, with the intent of the words. Experiments seem to indicate that water can be programmed and charged based on one's words and intentions. (see also: Water is Programmable)

Take the bath:
• Then, get into the tub. Relax, rub the water on you, enjoy the candles, the mint scent, etc. Soak in the tub, letting the elements in the water infuse into you. Imagine each element (mentioned in the affirmation statement) supporting you, helping you achieve your stated goals.

• Then, sit up and thoughtfully eat a spoonful of the honey. Imagine it sweetening the vibration of the words that come out of your mouth. You will still speak your TRUTH, but now without the angry charge. Rub some honey on your neck, focusing on the throat area. We literally "breathe" life into words with air from our lungs, and give them auditory form via the throat area. This is where thoughts become words (Vishuddha chakra). Also, our facial expression tends to match our words: sweet words, sweet face; bitter words, bitter face. So, if you'd like, you could also cover your face with the honey, as honey is known to make an excellent, moisturizing facial mask (you get a little beauty treatment in, along with a soul treatment).

• Next, if you could manage to prop your feet up for a moment or two without breaking your neck, then do so and rub some honey on the sole of one foot, then on the other. Let the honey “sink into” your skin. In Buddhist iconography, soles of the feet represent the "path" one is walking in life. In this case, you are sweetening your path, alchemizing it from an angry path, to a serene one. There is a Native American prayer (Dine Navajo) regarding "walking in beauty" upon the Earth.

(Note: this bath is not a Buddhist or Native American ritual, it's just something I made up, so it's OK if you're Wiccan or whatever to do it, doesn't matter. Like I said in the intro, tailor this according to your own path)

• At this point, you might find your thoughts and intentions about the person or situation begin to “sweeten” on their own. Then, sit in the tub and rinse all the honey off your body.

• Holding the cutting implement, recite the entire affirmation again. When you get to the karma-clearing portion, lift the cutting implement and make a bold “cutting gesture” in the air. Feel the ties severing in every timeline, in every direction, in every lifetime. You may experience this holographically, hitting all your senses at once.

• You should feel a definite energy shift. You might even start crying suddenly, as you release all the pent up energy. Let it go. Light the green candle and meditate on this feeling, soaking some more. You could also use this time to write in your journal the impressions that came to your mind as you performed this ritual. You may have envisioned new courses of action to take in your life. And it may have come as a complete shock to you, but you may find yourself thinking surprisingly positive thoughts about the situation now. Unexpected positive phrases may pop into your mind. Write these phrases down. Later, place them where you could read over them from time to time, to instill them into your consciousness (i.e., reinforce the memory traces in your brain).

Bottling some water:
• This water is charged with the healing energies of the sea salt, honey, quartz crystal, mint, and your words and intent. If you’d like to reserve some of the water (as an energetic pick-me-up, in case the person or situation starts to annoy you again), submerge and fill the bottle with the water.

Then, put the quartz crystal from the tea bag into this bottle, so it can keep charging the water. Later, label the bottle “Good Will Energy” or something, inscribe a rune decoration …whatever you see fit. I put some in a re-purposed empty wine bottle that I like, wrote out the spell on parchment, rolled it up and tied it to the neck of the bottle with ribbon, then placed the whole thing in a small bowel filled with oak leaves (sacred to Druids, and abundant in the area where I live). Kept it on my desk for some days, then poured it into the yard.

When you know you must see the person (or be in the challenging situation) again, you could pour some of the water into a vial and carry it in your pocket, or wear it as a charm around your neck, or hang it from your rearview mirror. Since heat tends to make our anger rise, on a hot, sticky day you could pour some into a spritz bottle, add a drop of peppermint essential oil, chill it in the refrigerator briefly, then spray it on you while you’re out and about.

If you don't want to do any of these things, you will simply let the water run down the drain at the end of the ritual (after one more important step, see below). OK, back to the bath...

Ending the bath:
• Whenever you feel ready, remove the tea bag, and step out of the tub, but don't let the water out yet.

• Sprinkle the ashes of angry thoughts on the water. Remember each thing you wrote, how angry and hurt you felt when writing them. As you look at the dark ashes, feel how far away the charge of those thoughts now seem, how disconnected you are from them, like a body part has dropped away from you that you no longer need.

• Then, let the water out. Imagine this “good will water” pulling those thoughts from your energy field, rinsing them away. Reach into the water and coax the ashes toward the drain, and repeat the last lines of the affirmation: “And now goes this burden, with the water, down the drain…” etc. Feel compassion for yourself, having been so burdened by this, and feel how beautiful, peaceful and liberated of this you feel now.

After the bath:
• Put on some light, loose fitting clothes, and go for a walk in a nearby park. Your spirit will feel free and "clean." Remember to implement in your life the changes you were inspired to write about in your notebook during the bath. Change takes time, it doesn't happen overnight, so be patient with yourself, and give yourself sufficient time to make whatever changes you need to make.

If you try this, or have done a similar bath ritual, I would be very interested to hear how you tailored it to your situation, and to the dictates of your personal spiritual path. What would you add, change, or remove from this?

raynelae

Re: “Creating Good Will within Me” Ritual Bath

Post by raynelae »

Thank you for sharing this wonderful ritual, Kassandra! I haven't needed anything like this lately, but when I do, I'll have to try it out!!
Bright blessings :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
North Star

Post by North Star »

This is a beautiful ritual, thank you for sharing. I could really use something like this right now! ;)
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Interesting !
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Thank you for sharing Kassandra. Is it possible to substitute sea salt with regular salt since it is more readily available? And as for the fabric mesh tea bag, can I recycle the bag from packaged tea? Last question can I use this ritual for more than one person at once, or do I perform the ritual for each individual?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi Artemis. As far as the salt substitute, the important thing is to use something that you feel energetically "clears" you. I think epsom salt might be a good substitute, as it is very healing, and people often use it for baths anyway. But if table salt is what you've got available at the moment, then try it, see how it feels to you. Really, it doesn't necessarily have to be salt at all. Is there another ingredient you have on hand that says "clearing" to you? (with which you don't mind being in a bathtub). Try it.

Regarding tea bag, I suggest not hanging a paper tea bag from the faucet, as it will most likely break, the tea herbs will go all over the place, and it'll be a pain to clean up. Just place the paper tea bag in the water and let it float around. But, if you really like the idea of hanging the bag from the faucet with the water coursing through the ingredients, you could sew your own fabric teabag. Just cut out two rectangles from fabric with a wide weave to it. Sew them together, leaving an opening. After putting the herbs/crystal inside, wrap some twine around the opening and tie it tightly (or if you're handy with sewing, you could make a "drawstring pouch" like the ones pictured below).

Finally, you could use this bath to help you deal with an individual, or with a group, or to deal with yourself and some behavior like addiction you're trying to overcome. Maybe you broke up with someone and you want to clear the old energy of the person out of your field, to open the way for a new relationship. The possibilities are endless.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :wink:

fabric tea bag  II.jpg
Cotton and muslin make good fabrics for tea bags. Many health food
stores sell little bags like these.

lilmizsunshine727

Post by lilmizsunshine727 »

Borrowing for my BOS!
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare
North Star

Post by North Star »

I would love to add this to my BoS as well.

I think this is a beautiful ritual. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks for the positive comments guys, and I wish you much peace resulting from the process. Actually, the ritual inspired me to do some other overdue energy work in my life. Maybe I will type that out and post one day, too.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Thanks for posting this ritual. It's a good place to start, and if I find I need to make changes here and there, I'll do what you suggested and do/use what feels right. I'll do my best to try and use it for more than one person at a time and I'll share what I came up with. There are three familial relationships where I just want to let bygones be bygones and move on all at once since they are going on at the same time too.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions Kassandra.

Blessed be,
Artemis
lunabloodrose

Re: "CREATING GOOD WILL WITHIN ME" Ritual Bath

Post by lunabloodrose »

Hello. This sounds like an awesome ritual. I have two questions. I am new to Wicca. I am still studying. Can I still do this type of ritual? Also, do you have to do it about another person? Let's just say I'm having negative thoughts about myself or life. Can I do it for that too? Or do I need to find or make another ritual? Do you have a suggestions? Thank You
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Hi lunabloodrose. Well, I hope you never stop studying. :wink2: May we all never stop studying.

This ritual bath could be tailored to any spiritual path. For Wicca, perhaps cast a circle in your ritual space first, and spend some time in preparation beforehand. You could invoke your chosen god and goddess, express to them your goals and ask them to bless your endeavors, maybe bless and empower the herbs and other items you will be using. I'm not Wiccan, so maybe someone who is could give some other suggestions. It's very generically written on purpose, so it could be used by anyone (even a total atheist, lol).

lunabloodrose

Post by lunabloodrose »

Thanks this helps a lot
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

You're welcome. I wish you the best.

Update:

I'm really glad I "cleared the air" energetically within myself with this person. This person ended up in ICU last week, and is recuperating. It wouldn't surprise me if this person's cantankerousness and temper land's this person in an early grave one day. Upon hearing this news, however, I held no grudges or regrets, which is largely due to the inner work I did via this ritual. My anger and frustration was clear, and I was able to wish this person health and healing. Though I have no desire to "hang out," or otherwise have this person in my life, after this ritual I was able to think happy things regarding this person. I even wrote a list of positive qualities to focus on while in this person's presence (I'm supporting a family member on a project; once the project's over, I won't have anything to do with this person any more smiley_dance ). I read over the list from time to time.

The most powerful part of doing this ritual, in my opinion, was writing all the negative thoughts I had in my head onto the paper, burning the words into ashes, then watching the ashes go down the drain with the water. There was a releasement at that moment that was tangible, palpable. It shifted everything, helped me lose the energetic ball and chain.

lunabloodrose

Post by lunabloodrose »

Thank you :)

Return to “Kassandra's Metaphysical Basics”