Luna and Sol - Sun Goddess and God

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
SilverFox*

Luna and Sol - Sun Goddess and God

Post by SilverFox* »

:?
Ok, I have read about the Sun God: Sol, and the moon Goddess: Luna, but one of my friends says she's never heard of them--heard of others that are Greek...I was told Luna and Sol ARE Greek, so what's up??

I love the names Luna and Sol--but where do they come from??
Are there more than one?Both that r Greek??

:?
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Sol in some pathons is a female in others a male. So yes they are in a lot of pathos. I will study more tonight.
SilverFox*

cool

Post by SilverFox* »

Thanks!!
I love the names and would like to know where they come from!!
(Both Luna and Sol)
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

In Greek, there are also two other moon and sun god/esses. Artemis is the goddess of the moon, and Apollo, her brother, is the god of the sun. You probablly already knew that, though...
SilverFox*

kinda..

Post by SilverFox* »

Artemis and Apollo are the God/ddess i "follow"(can't think of a better word..)so i knew they were Greek

But I never knew Sol and Luna were Greek too..cool!
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
thasme

Sol.

Post by thasme »

oKies . lol. I opened a book I haven't touch in like 4 ever for this post . so here it goes. .....

This is from the Websters's Encyclopedic Dictionary of Classical Mythology.. pub. in 1943

I never found anything on Luna but this is what was on Sol:

Sol: is the god of the sun, who daily drove his four horsed chariot across the sky. he is also Known as Helios.

They derive from Old Grecian and Roman Literature of Gods,Goddesses, heroes and heroines.

Anythingbutnormal.
not disputing what you posted. but according to this book here. Artemis is a Greek goddess, the guarding of forests and wild animals, she was identified with Diana who is the Goddess of hunting and one of the Goddess of the Moon.
Diana is twin sister to Apollo who is the God of light,prophecy,and patron of the arts. he is the Son of Jupiter and Latona.
There was a little more on him but it was besides the point. lol. But if your intersted let me know and I'll put the rest up here.
I'll Keep reading to see if I run across anything on Luna. I know she does exsit because I have read about her soemwhere, just not sure where.
ya'll have a good one ..........................Rena :D
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

i also found that LUNA probaly ended up "becoming" Daina {Dark} and Lucifer {light}<not the icky christan boogie man> Daina becoming the most known.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Lucifer soon became Hector
thasme

Question???info!!!

Post by thasme »

:D That is neat . nevar knew that . I was wondering if any of ya'll know anything about Jason and the ship Argo, i Know his wife's name was Meda and what she did but I'd like to know the entire story. so any help or points to the right direction would be great......... Rena
SilverFox*

confusing...

Post by SilverFox* »

Wow, all that info is confusing...I like Luna and sol anyhow..and Artemis and Apollo are the gods i assiciate with, i know they're info a lot cuz i've read all i can on them, but thnx guys!!
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
fallenstar

Post by fallenstar »

hi im new here!
i met the woman who had started this but have forgot
her name, last nite i met her at book-a-million in cleveland
tennessee with my friend and thought this site would be interesting
i am into spirituality, meditation, powers of stones, etc.
Frank N Sense

Post by Frank N Sense »

Welcome to the site fallenstar! Hope you find everything here useful and the people at least a little bit funny :) If you ever have a question feel free to ask...everyone here has helped me so much! You'll love it.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Well we will try to help you with any of your needs. If you need me just ask i will help to the best of my ability. Hopefully I can learn from you too
thasme

Post by thasme »

WElx.. hope you like the site.. it's cool and weird and home like ..... cool we now Know aour missing aminstrator is at least feeling a little better and walking around... We miss you ................Rena
fallenstar

Post by fallenstar »

thank you all so much...and i will ask if anythings needed
i like this forum, people seem very friendly and not like in
my other forum,thanks...fallenstar*

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”