Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
[Enlightenment]

Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Be it Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Celtic, Middle Eastern, etc? and do you mix Pantheon's or just stick to one?

I am particularly drawn to Egyptian (Isis etc.) but I have worked with others before with great results. What about you?

Happy Holidays!

Kristy
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Storm

Post by Storm »

To tell the truth I rarely think of deity in terms of pantheons. But at the moment I am drawn to many of the Celtic Goddesses - probably because they are 'close to home'.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

Post by LaFiamma »

Enlightenment wrote:Be it Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, Celtic, Middle Eastern, etc? and do you mix Pantheon's or just stick to one?

I am particularly drawn to Egyptian (Isis etc.) but I have worked with others before with great results. What about you?

Happy Holidays!

Kristy
I worship the Greek gods. Most specifically Apollo first and foremost, and then Polyhymnia, Terpsichore and Hestia, and then the rest.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

im Egyptian based. though i do extend sometimes, very very rarely only if i strongly feel the need
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I see Deity in archetypal terms, personally. Though there are some which I honour particularly, they are Norse- Tyr, Ullr and Odin. I also have a particularly serious respect for Kali-Ma and Siva from the Hindu pantheon and Volos or Veles, the Baltic/Slavic Underworld and pastoral God. I can explain why, but not today - too much red wine already!!
[Enlightenment]

It's nice to know which Goddesses/Gods are close to your heart :D
Snap on the red wine Eretik, and champagne, and vodka & orange, hey once a year doesn't hurt :wink: :wink: :wink: or maybe twice, three times :lol:
~Blessings One and All~

Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I don't recognize any specific pantheon, just several deities. My favorites are celtic and greek, however.
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

I feel drawn to the Egyptian pantheon. The God Set and Goddesses Sehkmet and Bast are the ones I connect to. I also feel close to the Celtic and Norse Pantheon.
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

I started out withing the Egyption pantheon, but am also interested in Norse and the Asatru and have been reading up on it
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
Hera#76

Post by Hera#76 »

Think you can guess which I am drawn to from my username. I do mix though and tend to chose according to the magic I am trying to perform.
Bubbles float because they are light and happy; don't let life wear you down!
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

I am personally delving more and more into the Orishas. Yemaya in particular. I am also drawn to the Celtic and Greek dieties, but to me... they are all the same but seen in a different light in different cultures. That is my oppinion, however I won't deny their distinct energetic feel... It's kind of confusing to explain, but I hope you're catching my drift. Lol
DarkWoman
All healing takes place in the dark.
[Enlightenment]

Yes, I totally know what you mean Dark.

I look at the Deity's as aspects of the Divine, I personally look at them as individuals as they all have their different personalities and qualities but that's because it helps us relate better to ourselves and the Divine. Through them we find it easier to communicate and get closer to the Divine, if that makes sense lol. As I've stated before though, IMO, All is One!

Blessings!
~Blessings One and All~

LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Enlightenment wrote:Yes, I totally know what you mean Dark.

I look at the Deity's as aspects of the Divine, I personally look at them as individuals as they all have their different personality's and qualities but that's because it helps us relate better to ourselves and the Divine. Through them we find it easier to communicate and get closer to the Divine, if that makes sense lol. As I've stated before though, IMHO, All is One!

Blessings!
So...then, do you believe that they're individuals, or aspects of one. you sort of say both here, so it's impossible to tell what you actually mean.
[Enlightenment]

LaFiamma wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:Yes, I totally know what you mean Dark.

I look at the Deity's as aspects of the Divine, I personally look at them as individuals as they all have their different personality's and qualities but that's because it helps us relate better to ourselves and the Divine. Through them we find it easier to communicate and get closer to the Divine, if that makes sense lol. As I've stated before though, IMHO, All is One!

Blessings!
So...then, do you believe that they're individuals, or aspects of one. you sort of say both here, so it's impossible to tell what you actually mean.
Argh, this is a hard one to explain. I believe they are all aspects of One (they all lead back to the Divine), but the Divine sends them to us each with their own traits and personalities, as individuals if you like, so we can make more sense of our own traits, and they give us the chance to get closer to the Divine (our path to Enlightenment), but actually they are all as One, they are apart of the Divine just as me and you are.
So say if I call upon Aphrodite (Goddess of Love) for example when I'm looking for a new partner in my life, the reason I chose Her for this type of spell is obviously because she is most appropriate for this type of working, but she is the Divine, just as all the other Goddesses and Gods are, hence why I mean All is One. It's hard to explain, especially to others. This is my personal view only and the best way I can put it is, The various Deity's are shadows all cast from the same flame. They all come from the same fource. However this does not mean they are not individuals as they are, but we're all One, we're all shadows cast from that one Flame, the Divine. We all have parts of the Divine in us, we're apart of it. We are partners with the Divine to create the Universe. Only the Goddesses and Gods are up there with Enlightenment, where me and you are way down the ladder, we're apart of it still, but I believe we'll only get closer to Enlightenment after we're gone, and in the life after that even closer, until eventually we're back to where we began, apart of the Whole.

Hope that's helped, and if it makes no sense to you, well it took me some time to work out too lol, but I'm glad I figured it in the end :D We all have our own views though, some will totally disagree and others will agree but this is not a topic for debate on that subject.

Blessings!
~Blessings One and All~

Sri Krishna

Post by Sri Krishna »

For some reason I feel most connected to both the Hindu and Norse pantheons and mainly look to these gods. However I believe in and respect all the gods from all pantheons.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”