Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
jasynnightwalk

Re: Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

Post by jasynnightwalk »

I forgot to add in my Goddess, lol. That one would have to be first and foremost, Athena for wisdom. Following up would be Artemis.
Miss Pixie

Post by Miss Pixie »

I'm drawn mostly to the Greek Pantheon, particularly Aphrodite and Athena.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

I usually do a generalization of Goddess and God. I haven't done much research into the different deities. I figure they all know I can use the help from anyone willing to help :)
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
Luna87

Post by Luna87 »

My patron god is Apollo and my patroness is Aphrodite, I do also worship Artemis and Herne has been with me since I was a child (He was one of my family patron, especially my mom, and he still is around to help me :)
Kat
Banned Member

Post by Kat »

egyptian. my real name is kat; so cat! Bast. it's being so many years since it's Bast for me, I even have 2 altars of her now, and I think of making a 3rd.
*Blessed Be*
Luna87

Post by Luna87 »

Kat wrote:egyptian. my real name is kat; so cat! Bast. it's being so many years since it's Bast for me, I even have 2 altars of her now, and I think of making a 3rd.
Ah that sounds lovely I`m sure it will be apreciated :)
Neila

Post by Neila »

I'm greek, so I feel more familiar and drawn to the greek pantheon. In particular, Artemis has been my favourite goddess since I was a child. Growing up I learned more about her and I liked her even more. :mrgreen: I appreciate other gods and goddesses too, of course.
EbonDusk

Post by EbonDusk »

I guess my personal beliefs are sort of convoluted. I regard the gods all as individuals, not necessarily "restricted" to any category or pantheon. I see it as a matter of the people each specific god became recognized by, being the reason for why gods worshiped by specific cultures were grouped together. There's nothing to say a god couldn't also make themselves known to cultures elsewhere (and some did, I believe Astarte is a good example) though I can see why most may not have. It can be hard enough for a god to make themselves known to humans as we may not all be spiritually 'tuned in' or welcoming, and regular communication between gods and humans requires the input of both parties (usually). So if a god/dess managed to successfully communicate with a human and that human then spread the word to others about said god/dess, there would be a larger amount of people within that culture willing to interact with the god/dess, and that deity may have no need or desire to seek out other cultures thereafter. That's not to say any god/dess may be lacking in ability, just that they'd probably have enough to do with the cultures who already recognized them.

That said, my patron deities are Nyx and Erebus, and I generally work with the gods whom the Greeks worshiped, though I also have interests in the deities worshiped by Norse and Mesopotamian cultures.

I know that it's not likely most people would agree with the way I see these things, and that's fine! All the more to discuss! :)
dragonictraveler

Post by dragonictraveler »

I work with the Greco-Roman Pantheons. I am not greek myself but they feel comfortable to work with.
Herzen

Post by Herzen »

I'm mostly drawn to the Greek pantheon. I feel related to Artemis since I'm really young and this relation is getting deeper with the time :)
~ Disciple of Artemis ~
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I have very ancient deities they are what I believe make up the world and all aspects of Fate and they number 6 of them. Each are a pair, each are a balance of the other. As I am very attune to Fae and Nature alike but they (my deities) are what encompass everything. The twins are the only deities who exist in the Now, the single instant of existence, of potential. They are all matter, all substance, all that makes up TIME. The parents of the twins make up "the Now". They bracket the current moment, sifting all the winds of eternity into what will be and what will not. They are future and past. They are always in conflict with one another. Then their is my goddess of free will, passion and movement along with her mate (her balance) he is all things opposite his domain is cold and still and silent, and his worship is power. When I scry it is he who dives into the Void with me to show all of the paths (what is, what can be, what will be, what cannot be, what never will be) They are "choice".

I discovered them all when visiting Africa, listening to ancient stories handed down in a small village near Kilimanjaro where I was hiking and visiting friends who are studying the wildlife there. They are not strictly African in nature but something as old as the sun and stars and moon. They drew me in like a bee to honey and I have honored them ever since.

My Fae connection is from where I grew up in England as a child playing on the moors and in the forests, whenever I go back home I give them offerings, music and gifts and they bless my home, hearth and garden.
manshin

Post by manshin »

I worship my culture's gods (korean deities and spirits). I also worship the Egyptian pantheon since I'm a Shemsu with Kemetic Orthodoxy, divined Daughter of Sobek-Ra and beloved of wadjet, djehuty, bast and aset-serqet.
Korean Sorceress/Shaman 만신; witch; Kemetic Orthodoxy
*I do not follow any (Neo)Wiccan beliefs.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

AdastraJunction wrote:I have very ancient deities they are what I believe make up the world and all aspects of Fate and they number 6 of them. Each are a pair, each are a balance of the other. As I am very attune to Fae and Nature alike but they (my deities) are what encompass everything. The twins are the only deities who exist in the Now, the single instant of existence, of potential. They are all matter, all substance, all that makes up TIME. The parents of the twins make up "the Now". They bracket the current moment, sifting all the winds of eternity into what will be and what will not. They are future and past. They are always in conflict with one another. Then their is my goddess of free will, passion and movement along with her mate (her balance) he is all things opposite his domain is cold and still and silent, and his worship is power. When I scry it is he who dives into the Void with me to show all of the paths (what is, what can be, what will be, what cannot be, what never will be) They are "choice".

I discovered them all when visiting Africa, listening to ancient stories handed down in a small village near Kilimanjaro where I was hiking and visiting friends who are studying the wildlife there. They are not strictly African in nature but something as old as the sun and stars and moon. They drew me in like a bee to honey and I have honored them ever since.
This is actually really interesting. Thanks for sharing this!

I'm probably closer to a recon than anything else at this point, my pantheon is made up of the Slovene deities.
azriel

Post by azriel »

I do not have a specific Pantheon that I follow as I draw love and support from all different areas, creatures and beings. Depending on the specific work that I am trying to do, someone/thing may make themselves known to provide me with the necessary aid to perform the task.

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
narveya

Post by narveya »

I can't really tell, because I honor most wisdom, knowledge and art deities. But my favorite pantheons & mythologies are Aztec and European. I also respect all gods and goddesses from different pantheons.
I sing and listen to the hymn of the light.
Solitary, Secular Witch • Science-Techno Witchery • Graeco-Roman leanings • Devotee of Apollo

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”