Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
phedresrose

Post by phedresrose »

My primary focus is the Greek pantheon, but I also incorporate deities from Celtic and Native American spirituality.

Galatea
SunshineChild

Post by SunshineChild »

I use the Japanese pantheon, I was browsing different pantheons for a love spell, and when I looked at Kishijoten, I felt a warm, bursting feeling inside me. Since then, I've always used Japanese. =D
AlexanderDragonwolf

Post by AlexanderDragonwolf »

I think most of the Gods are the same across(sometimes with a less than perfect overlay) the different panteons, especially the one I worship can be found in every religion I know of, except for Scientology ahahah
I refer to either Induist gods, or Egyptian ones(particularly Osiris, Heru(Horus) and Sekhmet(the shadow self of Isis), sometimes greek/roman, even norse. I also love the mesoamerican Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl, which is the same as my main divinity across all other cultures.
Did you know that a couple of thousands of years ago they refered to Zeus and Amon Ra as being the same God? Greeks used to call him Zeus Amon. I'd suggest Thor is pretty much the same God.
I call him Father. :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

My boyfriend worships Kulkulkan (He's a Mayan descendent.)
InHonorOfHecate

Post by InHonorOfHecate »

I am drawn to the Native American, Greek, and Celtic pantheons.
ravenhecate

Post by ravenhecate »

I have a whole hosts of deities from different pantheons, but a good majority are from Greek and Norse mythology.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Kali is my patroness. I have a strong attraction to Mars.
Silverloc

Post by Silverloc »

I would say I would be drawn to the Celtic and Nordic pantheons.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I honestly don't think I could pick just one, or even two. I feel like all are relevant and were of reigning importance to a civilization at one point in time. In learning about each pantheon's gods, goddesses, spirits, and creatures, it says so much about what they valued at that time. I also find it interesting to look at deities names and see how the language was. It seems with Egyptian deities the names can appear more staccato in pronunciation, but are a bit softer with Celtic deities.
Angie78

Re: Which Pantheon are you drawn to?

Post by Angie78 »

Truly, I believe that all gods are manifestations of the same supreme energy.

I don't really think it can be defined by one pantheon so when I cast or pray or whatever I usually devote myself to the God/Goddess who is the deity that will best represent my intentions.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I work with the Celtic Pantheon
Saker Witch

Post by Saker Witch »

I work with Horus. He called me in many ways before I finally realized what was happening. My husband is a Priest of Ahriman.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I mainly work with Norse, Irish and Slavic patheons. I have found great understanding with Odin and Badb, even tough they are not may nationaliity. It is odd but I feel as if I am an outsider to thier patheon, I don't feel as connected to them as i would a Slavic deity. Them two are more teachers but loving.
SingingCanyon

Post by SingingCanyon »

I'm very fond of the Greek God(dess)'s. I worship Athena first, then Artemis, Posideon, and a few others! Anyone else's First goddess Athena as well?
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
FenrisComesForth

Post by FenrisComesForth »

I am an active practitioner of the Nordic revival. I am however drawn to the native American practices involving spirit guardians and spirit animals.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”