Do believe Some Gods Were or Are Real?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
stormofwind

Do believe Some Gods Were or Are Real?

Post by stormofwind »

Your Opinions..
Corbin

Re: Do believe Some Gods Were or Are Real?

Post by Corbin »

Define real?

... when you've done that, define a god?

Two simple questions philosophers and theologians have been debating for centuries.

Carl Jung said 'presumably the psyche does not trouble itself about our categories of reality, and it would therefore be the better part of wisdom for us to say: everything that acts is actual.'

-----

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

- Morpheus
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

One of the gods told me that "Yes, the gods exist but not all at the same time." Which is true from a variety of ways. In Buddhism and Hinduism gods can incarnate and even come in human form. There's many cultures where gods have wars and kill each other. Many reincarnate in Asia. There is even Jesus as an incarnation of God in Christianity. So this is how I see it.

But I do not believe every god exists, no. That's one of the reasons. Some gods seem to be entirely symbolic. Some are a mix of the two. Some are more literal. It really depends.

I also have to echo Corbin here, what is a god? How are you defining it? No matter how we look at it gods only objectively exist as ideas since we cannot prove them scientifically as facts.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

😁 ... you ask 3 scientists you get 3 inconclusive hypothesis. Haha. Anything we humans might perceive - or call it believe - about gods is going to be filtered through our human senses, because that’s how we’re made. Besides which, reality is a moving target.

Is a god an enlightened being with super powers or Is a god The divine matrix that generates all-that-is and animates life force, perceived in multiple manifestations? Getting back to the question “do I believe some gods are real” ... I think it’s all or nothing. That old saw - All god/desses are one god/dess, and there is but one Initiator - comes to mind.
uaya

Post by uaya »

i think our knowledge of these entities negates the need to know if they were real because they now exist as their egregore?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well said. That sums it up.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Corbin wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:23 am Define real?

... when you've done that, define a god?

Two simple questions philosophers and theologians have been debating for centuries.

Carl Jung said 'presumably the psyche does not trouble itself about our categories of reality, and it would therefore be the better part of wisdom for us to say: everything that acts is actual.'

-----

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

- Morpheus
The "everything that acts is actual" really resonated with me.
I think it boils down to, if it is real for you, then it is real.
bb, FF
(ps, boy, I almost screw this thread up so bad, thank the Goddess for the back button! and cut and paste blue_flee )
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”