What are your beliefs?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
ThunderFog

What are your beliefs?

Post by ThunderFog »

What's your religion? What are your beliefs relating to that? Do you make any offerings to your god or goddess? How do you think prayer works? What's your beliefs on the afterlife?
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
ThunderFog

Re: What are your beliefs?

Post by ThunderFog »

I don't worship any specific god, I make offerings to nature spirits, I believe in reincarnation but I also think ghosts are a possibility and that it's possible to end up in sorts of hell or heaven among other things depending on your religion and/or dealings with spirits before death.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

ThunderFog wrote:What's your religion? What are your beliefs relating to that? Do you make any offerings to your god or goddess? How do you think prayer works? What's your beliefs on the afterlife?
Wow - funny you ask bcs earlier today I was trying to figure out what to call my mish-mash & jumbled thoughts, opinions & a few beliefs. My god-concept is the divine field & not "a" being.
. Re manifestation - Thought begins as light. It stirs the ethers. What was passive, unmanifest energy takes on motion & becomes active energy. I literally imagine it as a sock in the dryer -- each spin of the drum (etheric realm) stirs the static electricity and the sock (the thought) attracts fuzz to itself. Fuzz is strings/particles /electrons of matter. When sufficient fuzz or mass is attained the thought manifests as shaped matter conforming to the thought.
. Re the "after" life - I've twice seen the human spirit leave the body at the time of death. I am given to understand that the spirit passes thru a light portal to the dimension in which spirit can exist without physical form.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit for brevity
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

What is "divine field awakening"? Also an interesting post to take into consideration thank you for sharing.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Spiritual awakening on a grand scale.
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

after many years on the journey, i've learnt that names and labels are no longer accurate or efficient in describing.

my simplest reference to it is The Divine or The Universe, but it also alludes to the Higher Self connection. Time and Space really works differently, once everything is viewed outside of the context of the mortal human mind. we have been using ourselves for the measure of things for far too long, creating deep internal misunderstandings along the way.

coincidentally, i have been taking theosophy, which does talk about reincarnation, the various planes, origin kingdoms. even then, i find that it is still human-centric. certainly when framed in the context of reincarnation, most humans will fixate on the past or the future. when the only way to better and heal both is by accepting, working and manifesting in the present.

my beliefs today has no name, but it is very much real with frequent synchronicities, occurences and signs. it has shown that i am never alone in my path, the universe is always listening, watching with love, ready to assist and clarify. since then, i even have shared this with my partner and he too has been able to access and witness some of these, and my journey and transformation.

this is our spiritual destiny, to get free from entrapment and enslavement and utilise our power to help ourselves and others. at this moment, my cognition is to prepare and become stronger, as eventually, those awakened will be called to serve.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

ET once said "A God did not create the universe, the universe is creating God." Throughout the Cosmos the life phenomenon creates and hosts consciousness. Consciousness from life on many worlds is entangled within the Field (Higgs or Quantum) to form collective Cosmic Consciousness we call Akasha (Akashic Records). Individuality (separation) is an illusion fabricated by our brain. We are units of awareness feeding experience, presence and knowledge each contributing to the nexus Akasha. Our true nature exists everywhere at once across space-time. We are where our awareness is in the moment. This cloud of Akasha we might call God. One might be wise to devote time and effort establishing a mental presence in Akasha (realm of Spirit) if we wish continuity of experience and recurring life. (Immortality) We need interludes in Sacred Space, whatever we envision it to be, to free the mind for projection to wherever it wishes to be. "Command your mind to fly into the heavens and it will not need wings" (Hermes Trismagistus)
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

ThunderFog wrote:What's your religion? What are your beliefs relating to that? Do you make any offerings to your god or goddess? How do you think prayer works? What's your beliefs on the afterlife?
I'm Wiccan. Monist. Panentheism. I believe in the Great Mother of many forms and names but I am aware this is how my human mind conceptualizes it. It's what i need and relate to.

Yes I make offerings to the One in many forms. Mainly the two Wiccan gods but not only. I offer the gods flowers, incense, oils, and candles.

Prayer is complicated. It works as a form of hypnosis and talking to oneself, working with the Higher Self I guess as gods are merely ideas we have as humans about nature and reality. But I also think they literally exist as individuals as you and I do, as part of us, and together each and everyone of our existences is the greater part of the whole. Think of it as gods being extensions of ourselves but as you read this post you have a different idea of me or impression, then I of myself. Yet we still exist separately and are individuals. Our realities may overlap but are subjectively always different.

There's various afterlives. Reincarnation for those to learn their life lessons. Underworlds and hells for purification of the soul. Heavens exists as the final destination but I prefer to say it's ambiguous and we return to the universe/Goddess having obtain moksha (breaking the cycle of reincarnation. I also think spirits and ghosts exist for a variety of reasons. One is attachments to earthly desires.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

All cool and interesting
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I'm a hard polytheist and an animist. All Deities exist and I have a few in my personal pantheon who I don't worship as I've been guided to worship none. They are my guides and teachers.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
barker

Post by barker »

Religion is proof... of reverence.
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

I honor Hékate. Yes, I make regular offerings in connection with her because it is a way to maintain her egregore but also to create a bond with her. Her shows that I'm interested in her story, which she appreciates. I am rather polytheistic because I also honor other deities. So personally the prayers I make are in a context of celebration for sabbaths and esbats.
That is to say, my words do not point in the direction of a request but rather of veneration of the entity and its energy.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”