Astrology sign and connecting with deities

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
seeking3

Astrology sign and connecting with deities

Post by seeking3 »

Just wondering if anyone connects closer with gods/goddesses that are in line with their astrology sign.
I am new to Wicca, however, from the start I connected immediately with the Greek Goddess Selene (moon goddess).
And this is completely in line with me being born under Taurus.
I am looking for other Gods/Goddesses that I can try and connect with. I am a true Taurean woman through and through.
Any Ideas would help greatly.
Thank you, Blessed be
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Astrology sign and connecting with deities

Post by SpiritTalker »

That's an refreshingly original way of looking at deities. I'm a dunce at astrology so I'm stumped. What general attributes would qualify God-forms by astrological sign?

In our present level of development as a planetary conscioussness we have so many god-forms to choose amongst as well as those that are yet to be discovered. Yet our ancestors generally only knew their own regional tribal or culture's god-forms. Travel is so broadening. It introduces us to other gods. A rose by any other name... Etcetera.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

There's already gods associated with the signs due to mythology.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well slap me silly. I'm a secular witch so have only made a general over view of god-forms. This topic is a good op for someone with deeper learning to share. It would be interesting.
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

Perhaps consider as well as deities that relate with the sign Taurus perhaps deities that relate with your element would also benefit?

In the case of Taurus/Virgo/Capricorn this would be the earth element.

So perhaps you may resonate or find some interest in earth based gods and goddesses. Such as Demeter (Greek goddess), Geb (Egyptian god) etc?

I am versed well in Astrology, but not so much in conjunction with deities based off of sign.

Meaning I do not know which deities go along with Aquarius, Scorpio, Capricorn- I would need to research that.

Hope you find our answers here to you helpful.

Good luck.
Karma Khaos

Post by Karma Khaos »

Taurus is ruled by the planet Venus, or the Greek Aphrodite, so you may want to try connecting with her.

Also, do you know your rising sign? The ruler of your rising sign is considered your Chart Ruler, and may also resonate with you. That is more or less how I found my Patron god, Hades (though the fact that He is the ruler of my rising sign was more an *affirmation* that He's my Patron than the factor that actually lead me to him.)

Hope that helps!
Florenna

Post by Florenna »

Karma Khaos wrote:The ruler of your rising sign is considered your Chart Ruler, and may also resonate with you.
Can I ask what is a Chart Ruler? I'm intrigued. My rising sign is Libra & my moon sign is Cancer, and in many cases they resonate with me more than my actual sun sign, Sagittarius. (Though I do have several characteristics of that, too. ;))

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”