Have I Been Blind?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
GroundedDancer

Have I Been Blind?

Post by GroundedDancer »

I think Hecate may have been constant in my life, since I was young. I recently stumbled into reading about her, and I was surprised at how much representations of her have been with me since young. I have always had a love of keys. I buy antique keys, I make jewelry with them, I consider the key one of my personal symbols. I have just always had a weird love for keys.

Recently, however, I have moved away from keys (not that I do not love them still), and have become weirdly attracted to light or old oil lamps. For instance, when meditating on the tarot card "The Hermit", The place where I was most drawn to meditate on was the light and the lamp. Increasingly lamp imagery jumps out at me. Or imagery of light and how I feel about the light. I know Hecate was also called "the light-bringer".

I have so many questions, haha. I feel bad for always flooding the forums with my questions. I'm fairly new at a lot of this, but the amount of spiritual eventfulness around me has always seemed to be super active, especially in recent months as I try to reach answers.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Have I Been Blind?

Post by SpiritTalker »

There is no such thing as asking too many q's. They help everyone who reads the post. I'm thinkin' your awareness of the synchronicity with Hekate is smack on the dot. There is a lot to see about Her nuances and meanings so keep learning and let all the symbolism and associations sink in. They will unscramble themselves as you go & develop the relationship. You could keep a list of these in your journal that you add to over time.

You might reflect on what the various meanings of the lamp can be in your present spiritual walk and day to day life. You noticed the key before the lamp. Does that suggest anything? Hekate gets into all the crevices and corners with amazing thoroughness. As a Titan, she's been in the human mindset forever.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Have I Been Blind?

Post by planewalker »

I am an Adept of the Light. I shall pray you be enlightened.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”