How did you find your God/Goddesses?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Terga

How did you find your God/Goddesses?

Post by Terga »

The reason I'm asking is because I myself would have a very hard time to choose one over the other. This is because I view every religion, God or Goddesses as different paths that have the potential to make you happy/find your truth. This means I have much respect to everyone of these great spiritual beings (even if I as person may not agree with their philosophical standpoint I still respect them). F.ex, every night before I go to bed I do not pray to a specific God/Goddesses but instead a prayer of graititude to everyone, to mother Earth, to all the animals, humans, plants etc to every spiritual being and God/Goddesses. However, I do envy those of you who have a deeper connection to a specific deity/etc and can find harmony through such a choice. This is why I'm curious how YOU found your God/Goddesses? Or maybe they found you? Should I too try to find a specific one?

Cheers.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: How did you find your God/Goddesses?

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you'll find this question is asked a lot. There are various guises of discussion so dont be shy about reading old posts. The replies are interesting, as you'd think. I refer to myself as the poster child for longest running newb not knowing their goddess' identity; although I knew the god-form as if i'd always known Him.

I had a personal awakening, out of body experience in 1988 while walking my dog, but it came with no names attached. There was nothing I could find written that matched all the cues I'd received, so I just kept eyes open and kept reading beyond Witchy books, going far and further back. I found a match in 2013. She was always there but I had to learn to see.

So, that being said, take your time and let Them guide you. You can work with deities even though they dont register as your patron. Be willing to let go of what you think they should be or even how to worship, and they will show you who they are in their own good time. There is no "should" or "must do". There is only what you're ready for & open to accepting.
Terga

Re: How did you find your God/Goddesses?

Post by Terga »

True, I did some research after this post and found alot of interesting topics regarding my question.

Yes, I agree, for the time being I should probably just learn more about myself before "rushing" into whatever path I might think is the right for me. Life is a journey and should be treated as one. But your story is, as so many others, very fascinating for me.

Thanks once again for your wisdom.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”