I think I've finally found my goddess

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

I think I've finally found my goddess

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

And i think it might be Isis. I called on her for the first time yesterday and omg i didn't get any overly obvious signs of her presence but i felt this strong loving positive energy around me and then i said "are you my patron goddess Isis" and i got a really warm feeling around my heart. Il be honest i couldn't meditate to communicate with her as i was kind of both jaw dropped and super excited at the same time.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I think I've finally found my goddess

Post by SpiritTalker »

Sounds like a match.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

SpiritTalker wrote:Sounds like a match.
Indeed
Whats strange is how i found her. Because id been talking to a friend about a safer way to help Josh and she had mentioned doing a healing spell on the full moon and then a banishing one on the dark moon. So she message me a couple of days ago and basically explained the ritual/spell involved calling on goddess Isis. So she said to me i should research Isis and get to know her. Well i happen to mention Isis is one of my favourite goddesses as i love her mythology and she says to me so that why Isis has been coming to her and wants to really do this working with me. After this convosation while thinking of Isis i also got a random blast of perfume out of nowhere. I do wonder now tho all thus time I've smelt random blasts of perfume thinking it was my grandma now im wondering has Isis been trying to get my attention all this time.
Siona

Post by Siona »

You might be interested in a book called 'Waters of Life: A Devotional Anthology for Isis and Serapis,' it's put together by Bibliotheca Alexandrina (easy to get from Amazon), it's a collection of prayers, poems, essays, short stories, etc, by many different modern devotees of Isis. It might help you to get to know some of her many different aspects.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Siona wrote:You might be interested in a book called 'Waters of Life: A Devotional Anthology for Isis and Serapis,' it's put together by Bibliotheca Alexandrina (easy to get from Amazon), it's a collection of prayers, poems, essays, short stories, etc, by many different modern devotees of Isis. It might help you to get to know some of her many different aspects.
Thanks i will look into getting that book :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

You will know it beyond a doubt if She finds you. She, as all other Divinities attends to tens of thousands of students on this and perhaps other worlds. If you connect be a good student otherwise She will move on. Be ever faithful and stay in communion each day. Like a pet cat ignore it and it will gravitate away from you.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

isis can also present as Ishtar when in the Babylonian Pantheon.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

OK so m now frigging confused
So another witch told me today that Hekate wants to work with me and is waiting for me to call on her. So i used a invocation and called her (il admit I copied the invocation Fiona uses in AHS coven to call on her as its the only one i could remember) i certainly felt her prescence it was chilling i suppose not like any kind of spirit but i couldn't definitely tell she was there. So my question is is it possible to have 2 different goddesses one of light and one of dark?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I would say yes because different deities reveal different truths. They may work with us for a short time only.

I would also say yes because I've always leaned toward the idea that all Goddesses are different aspects of One. And the same applies to the God. And in different planes of existence the two are one and the duality is a 3D illusion as well, as is any other face we conceive of. On our human 3-D plane, deity takes the forms we recognize, maybe because that's way our brains work.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

Thanks that makes sense.
I've also been told Loki wants to work with me but he's one deity i don't see myself working with much because i don't feel a connection to him if that makes sense?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you may have made some internal spiritual adjustments lately, so things you've been told Over time may also need updating.

I think it's Ok to work with the god-forms that present themselves, but best done one at a time. It's respectful to keep little shrines for those who have put their hat in the ring while you work with the individual of the season.
Siona

Post by Siona »

Newbiewitch94 wrote:i certainly felt her prescence it was chilling i suppose not like any kind of spirit but i couldn't definitely tell she was there. So my question is is it possible to have 2 different goddesses one of light and one of dark?
Isis is very far from being completely light, and Hekate is not just dark - one of her traditional titles is light bringer, she is also known as tender/delicate, and even savior. Of course yes, she is also known as terrible one and similar titles. But it is best not to try to put deities into boxes like that, especially deities as wide-ranging as Isis and Hekate.

Also, just gonna throw this out there... how much research have you done on Hekate? Especially if you're using an invocation from a television show, when there is so much material out there? I admit, I've never seen AHS, maybe the invocation is spot on but... knowing TV, was that really the best source?

Either way, yes. You may feel pulled to two goddesses, or three, or a god and two goddesses, etc, etc. You may not instantly click with every deity that will have a role in your life. Other times a deity you may feel like you would get along great with won't give you the time of day. But, I do think sometimes you need to take things a step at a time. You know Isis is calling to you, start there. Hekate isn't going anywhere. (Also, I don't think it's particularly a great idea to follow every lead any other witch might say you should be following. You could be hopping all over the place. Give heavy consideration to those types of 'recommendations.')

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”