Can you switch goddesses?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
valerian moon

Can you switch goddesses?

Post by valerian moon »

At first, I felt Bridgid was calling to me. After a few years of devotion to Her, I now feel Aine calling to me. Is this "bad''? Will Bridgid get "jealous"?
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Can you switch goddesses?

Post by SnowCat »

I started with the Goddess, moved on to Bast, segued to Loki, and currently work with Anubis. They seem to be flexible. I have learned from each one.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yes, we can switch as guided. If you are "called" by more than one, then you could say that the deities involved have already worked it out between them, IMO, or your soul-self, your higher mind, or that which is eternal, has already perceived an offer of assistance. you can accept it or say thanks, but no thanks, as you feel is right to you.
Siona

Post by Siona »

It's entirely up to you and the deities involved. Many people do work with more than one deity. You can do this without necessarily switching, too, you can honor both, if both deities are in your life. Or sometimes one deity will step back and another steps forward. Sometimes a deity will require more time than another, and yes, sometimes a second deity may come around and the first won't really go for it. It's all very personal. Spend some time meditating and in prayer, see where it leads you.
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

valerian moon wrote:At first, I felt Bridgid was calling to me. After a few years of devotion to Her, I now feel Aine calling to me. Is this "bad''? Will Bridgid get "jealous"?
I feel it is okay to switch your Goddess. I feel Bridgid will not get jealous. It is beautiful that you feel Aine calling to you.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Mysterious are the way's of the deities and our interaction with them is part of our free will.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

The Gods/Goddesses don't suffer from the emotions we humans have. Jealousy is an ignoble human attribute. It is best if the Divinity chooses you by leading you into the relationship. Stay in tune frequently and walk the walk or be tossed to the curb. Even the Gods do not have infinite patience. They work with countless beings across the multi-verse not just us.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

That's because the Gods and Goddesses are just entities of the multiverse too. Respect them for the same reason you'd respect anyone. If you don't respect others you will never truly respect yourself.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

yep you can
I went from worshipping goddess nyx to just the goddess to now having finally found my patron in Isis :)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”