Appeasing Hera?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Deerstep

Appeasing Hera?

Post by Deerstep »

I did something ill-advised, and I believe I just insulted Hera. Whoops.... :( :( :( :(

I asked Hera for help with something very important, and she did it. In exchange I promised I would burn something for her on the mountain where I worked (the meadow at the camp I work at is very beautiful). The spell she helped me with made it easier to get through work at first, but I started regretting it. I'd still intended to make good on my promise and dedicate my next full moon ritual to Hera. But, due to a recent fire ban, I couldn't burn anything without risking a wildfire. Moreover, I'd lost my lighter. Maybe that should have been my hint...

So, I started a small ritual (I had very limited supplies, pagansim is quite frowned upon where I live/work). Moon was high and full, meadow was gorgeous and drenched in moonlight silver. I was halfway through the ritual when a deer jumped out of the woods and was acting rather... well, irritated by my presence. I wasn't in the mood to be trampled by a deer for a ritual, so I scattered the circle and got out before I could finish it.

The deer showed up two minutes before midnight. Clouds suddenly covered the moon. It's been storming all day, and I saw another deer before I left work for the weekend (which followed me part of the way through camp).

TL;DR: I tried to do a ritual outside for Hera, and several very weird things happened at once and had to stop. So, I'm pretty sure that Hera's mad at me.

How do I appease her?
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Appeasing Hera?

Post by SnowCat »

Apologize, and ask her what you should do. I don't think asking us is going to improve her opinion.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

SnowCat wrote:Apologize, and ask her what you should do. I don't think asking us is going to improve her opinion.

Snow
Good point. Thanks.

UPDATE: I went to the craft store and made a small ornament out of peacock feathers and beads, and left a piece of chocolate on the table. I said I was sorry. In return, felt an abnormal warmth in my chest. I think that she's calling it good for now. Thanks again!
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh Deer!
I wonder if you had stayed if he would have skedaddled. The deer where I live are very used to people, still, a commanding creature.
What are your feelings about deer? To me this seems like the deer is trying to make a point. Maybe there is a Goddess associated with deer that you could look into. Artemis comes to mind. Hera will understand about keeping yourself safe.
Good to see you again :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Siona

Post by Siona »

firebirdflys wrote: Maybe there is a Goddess associated with deer that you could look into. Artemis comes to mind.
So obviously I'm biased, but the events at the ritual all scream Artemis to me. Mountains, meadows, the woods, night/moon, and deer are all her callings. (Heck, she is even "of the fire.") I think there might be something more going on here that's worth exploring.

As for Hera, it sounds like that is sorted, but perhaps Hera could provide more information about what happened.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”