Asherah

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Amara

Asherah

Post by Amara »

I am very new to all of this. However the first time I heard of the goddess Asherah I immediately felt a pull and a connection. Is the goddess different for different people? Where can I find more information about the various gods and goddesses? There isn't a lot of information at my local library. How do I know when I have the right deity? That question is poorly worded but I don't know how else to ask. Thank you for any information you can give me
~Blessed Be~
Amara Star
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Asherah

Post by SpiritTalker »

Search on line by region or culture, such as Norse, Celtic, Assyrian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Etruscan or Irish, Scandinavian...so forth. It does not have to be indo-European regions. Or cut corners and search a phrase like Wiccan Deities. There's websites too thick to count. There are books on gods and goddesses. I know Janet & Stewart Farrar wrote 2: "Witches Goddess" and "Witches God" as summaries.

It seems every pagan is drawn to something different that pricks up their ears, makes their breath come quick, something that catches their attention. It's often both physical & intuitive, & depends on the makeup of each person. The Gods work with us where we are, just as we are. When we hear or feel them, it is not fanciful imagination, it is with our real senses and perceptions. We notice.

Pay attention to that immediate pull and connection you felt. It's a valid response. Something within you quickened. Respect it. Asherah may or may not be the final full-stop, but could lead to the next step. That's how the path works. You notice, quicken and pay attention. It's the thrill of the hunt & following the tracks.

I searched just "goddess ashrerah" and found a lot on her as the Shekinah, consort of Yahweh, Semitic deities. Perhaps their names are familiar from exposure to Old Testament stories.

We look for patterns & see where it leads. It's seldom direct, cut and dry because we are working with something non-physical, something spiritual that by it's nature is illusive, making us use the unconscious symbols of intuition, not the work-a-day mind. Logic plays it's part when we sort things out.

Hope that helps. :)
Amara

Post by Amara »

It does. Thank you so very much!
~Blessed Be~
Amara Star
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Amara wrote:I am very new to all of this. However the first time I heard of the goddess Asherah I immediately felt a pull and a connection. Is the goddess different for different people? Where can I find more information about the various gods and goddesses? There isn't a lot of information at my local library. How do I know when I have the right deity? That question is poorly worded but I don't know how else to ask. Thank you for any information you can give me
I did an article on her here.

The book "The Hebrew Goddess" goes in depth about her.

You want to obtain as much info as possible to know what is right for you.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Amara

Post by Amara »

Thank you so much. Your article was very helpful and well written. I also found out that one of her symbols is the Tree of Life which is another thing I have been drawn to. This may be preliminary but it feels right. Thank you again for the information
~Blessed Be~
Amara Star
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

When Moses asked יהוה

who it was the answer stood

אהיה אשר אהיה

I am that what I am

now let's say we keep the first I am אהיה

Then we get

אשר אהיה

אשראה
Asherah was the female consort from sea

יה

Yah the male god associated with plane of Neptune and 2nd Sefira due to lore.

Jordan Maxwell in his "Symbols around us" defined Hebrew god as Dagon the fish-god

And religion as one to worship fish god. You can see the pope's hat as clear symbolism.

... Although it transcends the subject, Maxwell claimed Hebrew religion to be worshipping Saturn. Ok now fish'd be more Neptunian but core sign of Saturn is Capricorn which is to be remembered as goat with a fish tail. Go figure... hard to tell but Shabbatai comes from Phoenician name for Saturn and You gonna keep holy the sabbath on Saturn's day ain't that much of a riddle now, or is it?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”