A Shift In My Pantheon

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
SnowCat
Banned Member

A Shift In My Pantheon

Post by SnowCat »

Over the course of about the past year, I have noticed a shift in my pantheon. Loki used to be the primary deity, but the relationship with him has faded, and it seems that Anubis has come to the forefront. I find the shift to be quite natural, as some of my perspectives and needs have changed. I just thought I would share, and let anyone else who wants to, share their story or stories as well.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Wolf

Re: A Shift In My Pantheon

Post by Wolf »

Its not that uncommon. Magpie started under Freyja before Anubis called her over. And there is another member here I have seen who is devoted to Anubis. He seems to be coming strong into the world lately revealing himself to more people. Completely UPG, but I feel him and other deities are in the midst of some plan of some kind. What it is and the reason is well beyond my scope though.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've seen a lot of changes in 40+ years of practicing. Being something other than Christian is more acceptable in more places than it was in the 1970's, although we still have a long road on that one. I think the current political climate is shaking up more than meets the eye.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Chris Fox

Post by Chris Fox »

SnowCat wrote:Over the course of about the past year, I have noticed a shift in my pantheon. Loki used to be the primary deity, but the relationship with him has faded, and it seems that Anubis has come to the forefront. I find the shift to be quite natural, as some of my perspectives and needs have changed. I just thought I would share, and let anyone else who wants to, share their story or stories as well.

Snow
Wow, I would like to know something about your experience with Loki!
I have grown to know him as one of the most awesome ones.
When I came to Quebec 18 months ago, Loki was with me all the time. I found that he is central to the Kenaz rune, of which I then wrote the following.

Kindling. Having gone to the source. Candle over an ancient scroll. Unfolding a scroll. Crackling in the dark. Bending the knee. Heat from inside. Mystery. Small seeming danger, that which ignorance hates and wishes to crack, what lures a child into the woods. A crooked smile of a crow passing by. Friendliness that has its secret price. Initiation. "You're part of it now." The campfire, stories you might miss the point of. A knowing smile. Contempt. An offer you should maybe refuse.

The crooked path that brings back truth. The truth that came at a price. Cynicism. Masked pride, knowledge, the indirect path. The questionmark. The slightly tilted head as one listens patiently to a lie. The secret history of the paintings on the wall. The fleece that masks the light to give it a face.

The cause to the fools jealousy. The pinprick that infuriates. The heights pride alone can not attain. The step, the phase, the winding stairs. The corner, and what waits around it. Maybe.

Connecting two worlds. The threshold and its dwellers. The torch that casts mainly shadows. Flickering shadows. Unseen lightsource. The glimmer of light in the elders eyes. A wink. Calculated, small offense. Being made to question ones morals. The questionable worth of ones morals. The truth that is out there, deep inside the worlds bosom and the magicians mind. Subtle dangers. A segment of the red thread. The labyrinth. Folly of of looking back. Sources having disappeared or closed behind ones back. The possibility of true closeness. Intimacy through experience. Exclusion, exclusivity. The invisibly moving curtain. The motions that induce hypnosis. Words that float in the air and come back with you up the dark stairs and into the sleep, the fire that has been played with.

The distance between question and answer. Apprehension. suspension of judgment. The path that turns into the goal. The equator replacing the equation. How knowledge must be power or is a trap.

The quick flick of the hand, the trick, the click. Loki as a friend. Vo. The burning away of the general, burning pages full of hollow words to leave a red glimmer that points to the depth of nightly knowledge. Meeting each other half way and finding ancient treasure buried there.

Walking with open eyes between two worlds. The owl. Gain through translation. The power of value.

Wisdom that seems like luck. An act impossible to follow. Shedding followers. Meeting true friends. Philosophers.

Here is a short where I constantly had Loki in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHL5ouHd-Vs

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”