Have I found my Patron Deity?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
HazelWolffe

Have I found my Patron Deity?

Post by HazelWolffe »

So I've been researching and dabbling with Paganism most of my life, but haven't really dived into it or claimed it until about April or May of 2016. I was originally drawn to Celtic or Norse Germanic Deities, and with more researching, I decided to try working with Odin.

So let me tell you about my dog [this is relevant, I promise]. Her name is Axelle. Darling thing. Year and a half year old. Anyway...
I moved back to my parents house last September with her [big back yard] and she's loved chasing rabbits, but has never caught one.. Well in October, I performed my first communion ritual to try and connect with Odin. I ask for him to help guide me, and protect myself as well as Axelle.
The next morning, Axelle brings a rabbit to the door. Crazy coincidence, right?
Well it's happened, 2 more times since then. And it always seems to happen within 48 hours of connecting with him. And this most recent time I had also asked for his help for a friend. She caught TWO rabbits in the same day.

So either I've pleased the Norse God of the Hunt? Or maybe I've displeased someone else?

I have bittersweet feelings about this [as I feel sorry for the rabbit, but I feel proud of my precious pup], but it seems to be a pretty consistent sign. I don't count on this happening EVERY time I reach out or perform a ritual, but it's definitely getting my attention.

Just looking for other people's opinions. Or if you also follow Odin or other Norse Germanic Gods, have you had similar or just as brutal signs?
TwilightDancer

Re: Have I found my Patron Deity?

Post by TwilightDancer »

HazelWolffe wrote: So either I've pleased the Norse God of the Hunt? Or maybe I've displeased someone else?
I'd go with the former.
It seems you've certainly got his attention at any rate.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

This happens to me with Gaia (sorry, I forgot to mention that to you earlier). I chose the germanic version of the Goddess and dead birds, sparrows and chickadees started to show up after rituals. I did some research and it is likely for a norse god to be picky on offerings.
My Goddess "wants"bread and wine. I am in the broom closet, so I can only offer her what I have at the moment, but I promised that as soon as I will live on my own, I will offer her that.
Now, only alive birds appear. Our yard and trees are full by happy singing birds.

I know it's long, but I wanted to give you an example for solving the "dead animal" issue.
Ask him through meditation what he would preffer. Maybe he also wants you to do something with the fur, or the bones.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
HazelWolffe

Post by HazelWolffe »

Well I usually do offer him a wine or a strong drink.
And I managed to keep the fur and skulls of 2 of the rabbits. I'll keep them either on my altar or use them for Rituals once I get them tanned and cleaned.

As far as I understand, Odin is a very tough God. Maybe his signs are just brutal and up front? I don't really mind the rabbits, but it does provide me with extra work since I have to skin and tan them.
HazelQ.boggslyon

Post by HazelQ.boggslyon »

What started me was a a bird flew directory into my front door,He did not make it. Later I had a dream about my goddess and has to do with death and birds.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”