Epona vs Rhiannon

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
lithe_forager

Epona vs Rhiannon

Post by lithe_forager »

I am wondering if they are one in the same or different? I have been devoted to Epona for almost 3 years, but as of recently have felt less of a connection and have been visited by little birds hanging out on my car while in my car. I have been pulled to learn more about Rhiannon, when I had no inherent interest before. I almost feel that my practice is reaching a new threshold into Rhiannon. Any thoughts/opinions?
Siona

Re: Epona vs Rhiannon

Post by Siona »

It is possible that both goddesses share roots in the same reconstructed Proto-Indo-European deity, although the evidence for that is not as strong as other deity reconstructions. From everything else I have seen, it would appear these are two different goddesses who share some similar traits at times.

For what it's worth, something quite similar happened to me. I was devoted to only Artemis for a few years, and then Hekate came along. They are very similar in many ways, and some writings even mention Artemis-Hekate so they are strongly linked, but they are not completely the same goddess, either. I am now devoted to both goddesses. If you think you should focus on Rhiannon for a while, that's probably what you should do. Perhaps Epona comes back after a time, or maybe this is a completely new direction for you.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”