Can a Deity get upset?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Bychan Wulf

Can a Deity get upset?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Hy! I did my self-dedication ritual on the last Esbat. I thought everything went well: I received some signs,felt the energy flow through me...all good. The next day,nothing special happened. This morning though, when I went outside, at the doorstep there was a dead little bird. These things happen from time to time so I didn't panic. A few hours later,my inside cat leaves the house for half an hours,returns with a dead bird and makes a feather explosion in the kitchen. My mom throws this bird away too ( even though I wanted to bury it). A few hours later, my dog comes with a dead bird in his mouth. It's possible something natural happened to them,but I also consider it odd that all three of them ended up in my garden after my dedication.
I dedicated myself to the Earth and Gaia (as Mother of nature). Is it possible to upset her? What could this mean?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Can a Deity get upset?

Post by SpiritTalker »

What kind of birds were they? Do any of these connect to your understanding of Deity? Does three birds mean anything to you? Look up what the number three represents in occult meaning. Think about it, journal and do word associations for a few more days. Wait for it to reveal it's message to you.

Now, if a bird pooped on you, I'd say someone might be upset. ::coolglasses:: Another way to look at it may be as a reminder that death is a part of life, as two sides of the same "coin". It is a continuity.

By the way, is bringing home the catch something your pets do often? And were either of them outside over night to account for bird #1? I assume it didn't die on your doorstep but was brought in.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

All three were sparrows. To me personally,there is nothing special about them. My idea of Deity is pretty much peaceful. To be honest,I didn't think at death at a part from the life cycle much.
In my culture,if a pigeon poops on you,you should take a lottery ticket. It means a great amount of good luck.
Yes,my pets do that often but it's usually mice. They were inside the whole night. Only the last two birds were brought in by them.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

As a a Wiccan, what does the life-death-rebirth cycle represent? How does the number three apply to this and even a sparrow has meaning, if you do some research. That is how to learn what your experience may mean. No one else can tell you as it is your experience with a very personal ritual.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would be concerned that someone may have poisoned the birds, 3 in such close proximity of time is weird. Where I live they do mass exterminations of pigeons because they consider them pests but I fear other birds may get the tainted seeds too. At least I think they use tainted seeds...not really sure. What I do know is whole flocks are there one day (that had been there forever) then they are gone the next.
Since your ceremony went well and nothing terribly out of the ordinary happened during your ritual, I'd say do not let it freak you out.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I did some research on the dead Sparrows and there are three possibilities:
1)Someone I love will die ( I so hope it'stays not the case)
2)My luck will "die" and the odds will be hostile
3) Sparrows present themselves as my totem.( that sounds nice)
and the fourth,as you said Firebird, maybe someone poisoned them.
Yex

Post by Yex »

Bychan Wulf wrote: 3) Sparrows present themselves as my totem
Something along these lines was the first thing that came to mind for me. It might be worthwhile to do some trancework to try and contact Sparrow and she if she has a message for you.
love is the whole and more than all
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thanks,it would be a good idea. I'll try it on the next full moon. I feel more protected and capable when it is up.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

As to the question of deities getting upset...in tales like the Odessey it seems more like they get even. So much of the way we think of deities depicts them more as an image of man-made constructs, than divine, and resembles a parent Guiding and correcting a child for their own good.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”