Drawn to goddess or god

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
jewel4198

Drawn to goddess or god

Post by jewel4198 »

I'm not sure who my goddess or God is to connect or work with. But I'm always drawn to eye of ra/hand of horus so would that be mine? I'm also going to pray about it before bed see what comes to. I know there alot of Egyptian God goddess any suggestions. Please and thank you
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Drawn to goddess or god

Post by SpiritTalker »

A relationship with a god/dess can start as a cultural attraction, and it is a very good idea not to move too fast. It would be a mistake to make a pledge to a deity and change your mind in a few months. Let them come to you. When dealing with Gods and Goddesses, they make the rules. They have been around for many thousands of years, so there is no need for haste. I cannot emphasize enough that researching before committing yourself is very important. Learn their likes and dislikes. They may have some behaviors that startle or put you off. You don't have to have a pantheon until you are sure. You can start with a god of the forest and a moon goddess, leaving the identity vague until they show you who they are.

I have been Wiccan many years and I have only this week finally learned the name of the obscure Goddess who spoke to me, 30 years ago. It has taken this long for me to find her. I can't tell you how much it means.
jewel4198

Post by jewel4198 »

Thank you so much. Great advice guidance on this and wow 30 yrs that is long. Great and good luck
Blessings
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was drawn to Bast and Sekhmet for a long time. Bast appeared to me in a time of crisis with one of my cats. Two years ago, Loki made himself known to me. When I was at the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, even though I knew that it was staged, it still had a feel of "home."

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I have a goddess that comes around a lot, and I have even heard her voice say my name once when I was falling asleep. I have been told by several trusted mediums that she wears blue robes, with a flower crown over her blond hair. That description doesn't fit any goddess that I'm familiar with, so I'm still having trouble identifying her. I can only assume that her identity will become apparent when the time is right.
Student of Rosicrucianism, Neoplatonism & Hermetic Kabbalah.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oak heart, your description brought to mind the Flower Maid of the garden. I came across references to her by CaroIine Wise in her on-line essays on Elen of the Ways. Just 2-3 sentences, in passing.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

SpiritTalker wrote:Oak heart, your description brought to mind the Flower Maid of the garden. I came across references to her by CaroIine Wise in her on-line essays on Elen of the Ways. Just 2-3 sentences, in passing.
Thank you. That's intriguing since I had a dream two years ago of Elen of the Ways in her normal form.
kitaj

Post by kitaj »

I think that in a sense, the god/goddess you're meant to choose will find you. When you've found the right one, you will feel it. If you're questioning a potential choice, it's likely that that's not the right deity for you.

I've always been drawn to Bast, myself, from a young age before I even knew about wicca or paganism. I've done lots of research into other deities and pantheons but I was always pulled back to Bast. I imagine it must be for a reason.

I agree with SpiritTalker though, don't move too fast. If it takes years and years, then that's probably just the way it was meant to be.
Oakheart

Post by Oakheart »

I think this process is similar to the process within the Golden Dawn or Rosicrucians of making contact with Secret Chiefs or Masters, discarnate spirits that sponsor the practitioner. It can take many years for them to manifest, assuming that they show up at all.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I realize 30 years is not long at all to a goddess who has been here millions of years. She still was with me even tho I didn't know her name. Hey-you and yoo-hoo are effective as long as the connection is there. Learning Her identity came fast on the heels of a spiritual merging within myself, so I presume one precipitated the other.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”