How have your pantheons chose you?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
JaceGem

Re: How have your pantheons chose you?

Post by JaceGem »

While I'm still looking at various gods and goddesses within my Pantheon, I know full well that my Pantheon is the Greek Pantheon. There's no other pantheon that sends my brain into full curiosity mode, or that makes me feel more at home. That feeling has kinda stuck with me since I first was exposed to it in school, it's just intensified over the years. I looked at the Norse pantheon, the egyptian pantheon, even the Mayan and Aztec pantheons. None of them give me that spark of security and familiarity like the greek pantheon. I'm sure at some point down the line I'll work with other pantheons but for this moment greek is where my focus lies.
moonlightsonata

Post by moonlightsonata »

Hecate gave me lots of signs: the torch rune kept coming up, I kept getting the Moon card in Tarot with the two dogs and two torches, I kept coming across torches, I kept running into Her or running across artwork of Her in books or online. I had a couple of significant moments by Y shaped crossroads. Plus, I felt very drawn to Her. One day I was in my paganism class doing a guided meditation and due to the type of meditation I was expecting to see Saraswati, and Hecate showed up and told me She'd been calling me.

The Morrigan was a little more difficult; I kept running across Her name and Her artwork too, and I saw lots of crows. I read a book on Her and I can't really describe how it affected me (I had already started reading it when before I began working with Hecate, and so I finished it). But with Her it was a matter of feeling so strongly drawn to Her that I couldn't shake it and it began to feel almost uncomfortable. I finally felt such relief at simply putting a picture of Her up that I asked Hecate if I could work with Her as well, and She told me that had been the plan from the beginning. :)

I love them both very much. They have changed my life; I don't know how else to put it. They have been giving me the strength to deal with some very tough things.
Daughter of Hecate and the Morrigan
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

I've always felt a connection with Morgan le Fae since I was a kid. She was always my favorite character in stories, and everything about her just seemed to resonate with my values and beliefs. I also feel that closeness with the Roman Diana. I've explored other pantheons, but I haven't felt that same spark of interest, and I also feel that ancestry has a heavy influence on it. My roots go back to Ireland and Britain, once a part of Rome before the Celts made it their home.
NoxLumina

Post by NoxLumina »

The Hellenic pantheon has, inexplicably, always felt like "my" gods. They feel like my family. I am not in any part Greek. Hermes in particular has been in my life for decades.
Last edited by Firebird on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk advertisment, please remove
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

NoxLumina, Although my Goddess has been Shekinah for many decades. I have always resonated around Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus. There are few copies of translations of the few remaining "Emerald Tablets". You might be interested in knowing one is "The Divine Pymander of Hermes" Translated by Dr. Everard in1650 published by Wizards Bookshelf 1973. The ISBN is 0-913510-07-6 & Library of Congress # 7384044.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

For myself I have no pantheon of deities, I've simply a deity.

I became interested highly in the Greek pantheon while in school, and took to a fondness for Athena. I was crazy about her. But all the while growing up I've always felt this strong God presence. I never called him by any other name than God.

He's always been there, I equate him with the Christian God in terms of his universal love, but do not hold kindly to religious dogma and am therefore not Christian, but pagan.

Later in my years, young adulthood, I ran into Astarte out in the woods while camping. You'd half expect me to be more open minded, but not so.

My faith in my God only became stronger, and I've taken an extreme dislike to the thought of worshiping any other deity.

Thee good in it all, that came from the experience of meeting what looked the typical "Big red demon" in the woods, is I suppose I fear nothing anymore....

So there's that.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”