How have your pantheons chose you?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Ravenfeather

How have your pantheons chose you?

Post by Ravenfeather »

Hello!
I was just wondering: How have your pantheons chose you?
I am trying to discover my pantheons (have them choose me), and I'd like to hear your story of discovering your pantheons! :fairy:

Blessed be!
-Ravenfeather
☯"Look at the whole world around you with glittering eyes, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."☯
manicpixidream

Re: How have your pantheons chose you?

Post by manicpixidream »

Personally, I'm still on the journey of discovering my pantheon. So far, I know that my Goddess is Persephone. I liked the idea of a Celtic pantheon, but I'm feeling drawn to the Greek one. I can only describe it as comfort or longing for Persephone from a very early age, and an interest in Greek "myth" ever since.
:flyingwitch: manicpixidream :flyingwitch:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I did some meditation, fully expecting Greek connections because I have always been fascinated by ancient Greece ... I put it "out there" that I was seeking. A day or two went by, and on one particular day I encountered images, posters, statues, candle holders...5 times in a day...of a Chinese woman standing on a lotus or a dragon. I never had run into Her ever before. I did some research and found Her.
sunshineKdb

Post by sunshineKdb »

SpiritTalker wrote:I did some meditation, fully expecting Greek connections because I have always been fascinated by ancient Greece ... I put it "out there" that I was seeking. A day or two went by, and on one particular day I encountered images, posters, statues, candle holders...5 times in a day...of a Chinese woman standing on a lotus or a dragon. I never had run into Her ever before. I did some research and found Her.
Wow, that's the goddess Kuan Yin. I started praying to her a decade ago and when I did, I met the Dalai Lama within a month. In 3 months time met him again and my hubby!!! She really is compassionate and powerful!!
autumn swan

Post by autumn swan »

Ravenfeather wrote:I was just wondering: How have your pantheons chose you?
I am trying to discover my pantheons (have them choose me), and I'd like to hear your story of discovering your pantheons! :fairy:
Well, how does anyone choose their gods? I read a lot about some gods and started praying. I can't even remember when or what, it was naturally there. First I worked with Greek gods like Hermes and Artemis, then I discovered other Gods who I felt closer to by working with my 'roots' and reading up about the culture I'm actually from.

I'd advise you to read and then talk with gods you like very much and feel drawn to. It can and will change, don't expect to find one god or pantheon and then you'r 'done'. Oh no, it's not like that at all. :wink:
May the Lord and the Lady bless you.
PurpleBastet

Post by PurpleBastet »

In a dream.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

The only one that chose me was Gaia. All of the others I've chosen and praise for what they symbolize.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Odin came to me in a dream/vision (not sure how awake or asleep I really was) when I was 14 years old. I had been looking into various faiths, trying to find what was right for me, then he came. He was in his wanderer guise, surrounded by darkness, with the runes shining silver and spiriling around, his spear pointed at my heart. "Learn the runes, my son" was all he said to me, and was all he needed to say. I am 26 now and have sought to emulate and follow The Old Man's example ever since.
egregorewitch

Post by egregorewitch »

I've been studying paganism and such for four years now, but I hadn't really seriously pursued deity farther than just the concepts of god and goddess-- no specific deity had reached out to me. But just last year, I discovered the body of a raccoon in the woods-- water and time had stripped the bones clean and left them there for me. They'd been bleached by the sun. I felt Him then-- that was when Anubis first walked beside me. I took intense interest in Him, and worshipped Him for a long while. Those bones are stored in a box on my altar. Recently I've broadened my scope to include Isis and Osiris. I have done rituals in honor of Sakhmet and Hathor. I feel as though Bastet will come to me when She pleases.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

The first who came to me was Maha Kali in a dream. After that I saw her daughters, Chotila and Chamunda.

Ra came to me in a different dream, and Thoth and Sekutet have come to me in dreams, telling me my various names.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I hated history and mythology as a kid, but always loved to hear and read about Gaia. Despite being raaised in a christian family, I always went by Baruch Spinoza's principle, that "deus sive natura"....God is nature, even though I only learned about him later.
There is also a woman I keep meeting in my dreams....she is young and feels more like a sister to me than a mother, but we are always in nature; in the forest. Sometimes she keeps me safe, takes care of me and I feels loved; other times, I fight for her safety. But it's always a lovely experience and the hugs she gives me seem incredibly real and that feeling of safety and happiness sticks with me the entire day.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Prospitdaydreamer

Post by Prospitdaydreamer »

Well for me, knowing Anubis was my patron was pretty easy. I've always felt a connection and I've cared about him for so long. There just had to be a reason for that. So far it holds up. Isis was pretty easy too. I had a couple of dreams in a row that pertained snakes, which are one of her symbolic animals. Plus, I find it very easy to communicate with her. I love them both very very dearly.
Chris Fox

Post by Chris Fox »

Ravenfeather wrote:Hello!
I was just wondering: How have your pantheons chose you?

Blessed be!
-Ravenfeather
The Greek one chose me in school. I was simply overwhelmed, from day one of reading about Zeus, I was possessed.

Some 25 years later, on a rainy day in the park, Freya came to me.
How did she choose me?
She went into my blood and turned it to tears of joy.
Lexilou

Post by Lexilou »

I meditated a lot, said generalized prayers in hope someone would answer, and they did. Sometimes you have to be patient

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
vassal

Post by vassal »

Well.. it probably began when my 'step'mother gifted me a charm from a local temple in Japan. In Buddhist-Shinto beliefs, patron deities are designated by birth so mine was Kannon-sama. The thousand-armed goddess. Only later in life would I realize the linguistic & cultural bleedout that the Goddess has had in her multiplicity. I wanted a pantheon but was afraid to commit so I had to study. Never mind the meditation & spiritual quests lmao. Twenty years later I'm full circle, in a way. Kannon is Guanyin is Tara cognate Ishtar as Astarte or even as Lakshmi. This commonality of Venus-aspect then moved west; Minoan Snake Goddess turned Kyprogenes. Her many faces diminished by the Western pantheon into a purified if multifaceted meditation on love in Aphrodite.The continuum? Venus-aspect. Goddess energy of abundance, auspiciousness & love.

So to summarize:

The answer was right in front of me all along. Every step of the way I was being shown in the easiest way I could digest at that time who she was & who I could turn to. I need to laugh at myself more but I still am in the slight self-pitying phase LOL.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”