Does anyone else here work with Kali?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
rigormortisgirl

Does anyone else here work with Kali?

Post by rigormortisgirl »

Kali started appearing in my dreams and I didn't understand why. The first dream I ever had of her was of her and Pele and both of them were discussing me. The next dream was just Kali alone and then the third one was the one that made me realize she wanted me to start working with her. The dream was a wake up call in a sense to me and it kind of was scary. She appeared as herself with four arms and she also had her blue skin but she was my color as well which made me realize she was trying to personalize herself so that I could better relate. She was conveying a message to me in the dream but the way she did it kind of scared me. I was under the impression I was about to physically die but it was all metaphorical.

Long story short, I asked for my matron goddess to show herself to me when I was 17 , however, I did not understand life and death and that they are connected. I disliked and feared death as well as change greatly. I have grown to understand and accept it and it could be why she finally is appearing to me after all these years. I have only been working with her for a few weeks and I do devotions and meditations to learn her energy and what she likes/doesn't. She is great and she does answer my prayers but I also love her as my mother and respect her greatly. She helped me through a time of transition recently in my life.

She is very sweet despite her images that can be grotesque. She has come to me in dreams and she does like her creepy things lol. They're usually very creepy cool dreams but nothing that is harmful. Does anyone else here work with her? What are your experiences with her? How does she appear to you?
YanaKhan

Re: Does anyone else here work with Kali?

Post by YanaKhan »

Kali is definitely not what most people picture her to be.

She may be really bad to certain kind of people, but she's kind and very protective of the people who choose to work with her (or most likely the ones she chooses to work with).

I work with her for a long time now and I can tell she likes her offerings being done regularly and being celebrated. She likes to be appreciated, but she gives protection in return.

In my experience, Kali definitely isn't benign, but she's only vicious to the people who deserve it (or the ones she thinks do).
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Does anyone else here work with Kali?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I work with Kali ma and am also going to work with her other forms; Parvati and Durga. It took her a long time to appear motherly to me and I don't know why.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”